About the job
- We are looking for a technical Business analyst able to help on managing team effort: within the team, the candidate will ensure the good monitoring and tracking of the work. The candidate will leverage on the work done as part of the business intelligence to aggregate information from different sources in the bank to present results to management and senior stakeholders. As part of this role, the candidate could be asked to participate in the squad effort to deliver valuable items for the various squad.
- You will also have the opportunity to collaborate in cross-team innovation projects and propose initiatives aligned with our top innovation priorities: Artificial Intelligence, Development Languages, Process Efficiency & Automation and Knowledge Sharing. The successful candidate will have enthusiasm for learning and working closely with the rest of development team, which is located in Paris, Brussels, London and Mumbai.
Your Main Activities Are
- Help to coordinate and track the progress of the different projects in the team’s book of work
- Use desktop tools to extract and analyse data to understand projects progress and team effort
- Generate reporting and presentations tailored to specific audiences to keep sponsors and stakeholders informed
- Work closely with development teams within the department to ensure requirements are understood and technology solutions are designed and built to a high quality standard
- Work with wide range of stakeholders to understand and document business requirements, document changes to technology systems and contribute to functional architecture of software systems
- Use diagrams to communicate different aspects of functional architecture to stakeholders
- Work with other internal teams to manage the deployment of new solutions to production environments, including user on-boarding and training as well as supporting the development of operating models
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science / Finance / Mathematics or related field
- Experience of Business Analyst in a previous role
Fluent in English is madatory
- Good understanding in software project delivery
- Familiar with data visualisation techniques (excel, power BI) or Python dashboards / Jupyter Notebooks.
- Proficiency in Python and SQL would be advantageous
- Understanding and experience of working with IT systems, coupled with an ability and curiosity to understand key aspects of processes
- Creating data schemas that represent and support business processes
- Appetite for developing an understanding of finance and risk metrics
- Knowledge of risk (in particular, Market or Counterparty risk) would be advantageous
- Strong analytical skills with a creative and flexible approach to problem solving
- Capacity to work effectively in a team
- Delivery-focused with keen attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Professional and precise communication skills
About The Team
- The Risk Systems team is part of RISK, and its mission consists in providing the bank with a comprehensive capital markets risk system used to calculate market and counterparty risk capital figures using advanced method internal models validated by the regulator and to support the needs of users for risk analysis, risk reporting and the credit process.
- The Citizen developer team is part of Risk Systems, and is currently in charge of several topics related to the python calculation layer of the systems. The team is also involved with innovation topics, in particular within its new citizen developer platform.
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.