The Tax services team is responsible for managing the overall delivery of tax services to all our Asset and Fund Services clients and ensuring that the tax reporting infrastructure is compliant with the Tax legislation.
The Senior Tax Accountant will report directly to the Tax Manager and is responsible for managing the deliverable and expectations for their clients. In addition to managing the tax reporting for their clients, they will be primarily involved in the review of unit trust distributions and other tax calculations performed by the Fund Administration team as well as being involved in the testing of processes and templates, update of standard operating procedures, client transitions and projects.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Accurate and timely delivery of tax reporting deliverables.
- Review distribution calculations, superannuation fund tax calculations and tax returns.
- Manage clients and auditors throughout the tax audit process.
- Review and maintenance of client tax profiles and security static data used to drive reporting and tax calculations.
- Attending to and responding to client queries.
- Adherence to operational compliance and risk policies.
- Assist in the completion of projects, including testing of tax templates.
- Provide tax training to the team and operations (as required).
- Actively participate and contribute to meeting other team deliverables.
Qualifications and Experience Required for this role:
- Approximately 5+ years commercial experience in tax compliance working with unit trusts and/or superannuation funds
- Detailed knowledge of tax accounting principles for financial instruments, trusts, and/or superannuation funds.
- Knowledge of fund accounting, reporting and related operational risk and compliance requirements of the client service function
- Degree qualified in Business, Accounting or related discipline
- Qualified Accountant (CA/CPA)
- Experience using central accounting systems and producing reconciliations
Demonstrated history of being results focused and excellent attention to detail
Primary Location: AU-NSW-SydneyJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: LEGAL AND TAXEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 5 years
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / Teamwork, Personal Impact / Ability to influence, Attention to detail / rigor, Resilience, Communication skills - oral & written, Client focused, Ability to deliver / Results drivenTransversal competency: Analytical Ability, Ability to understand, explain and support change