In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The functional scope is within APAC APS with a focus on FO Book, PNL & Risk applications. Specifically it provides first level support for the risk and PnL books for Equity Derivatives platform in Hong Kong for Exotics, Delta one, Convertible Bonds, Warrant and Volatility trading desks. The role is support oriented but occasionally includes project management and development. The role is based in Hong Kong on our trading floor.
• Follow ITIL Application Support methodology to carry out incident and system change management procedures, manage and track daily production problems; ensure effective and timely resolution and communications to the client; coordinate with developer teams to report and follow through bug fixing.
• Minimize failures and ensure adequate performance and operation of the systems by continuously monitoring the performance⁄ operation, quickly diagnose and address any problems.
• Bring together Operations, IT and Infrastructure teams during critical incidents and for preventative action planning.
• Receive, transduce, and coordinate business requests to development and other IT teams in Hong Kong as well as Paris, London, Japan, Singapore and New York sites.
• Conduct system Quality Assurance Testing and assist in User Acceptance test; perform deployment or upgrade of mission critical applications and systems.
• Be responsible for technical configuration and implementation on data interface file for system integration to and from the Equity Research workflow and distribution system.
• Provide system and process documentation.
• Adhere to document procedural standards.
• Shift duty, weekend and holiday work are required.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
Mandatory Technical Skills:
- Experience of working in front office environment
- Self-starter, able to work under own initiative
- Developed problem solving techniques
- Emphasis on communication skills and confidence in high pressure environment
- Experience in change controls, incident management
Specific Qualifications Valued
• 3-10 years’ experience supporting/developing a financial workplace environment. Solid experience on application support for equities business.
• Strong equity derivative product and valuation knowledge.
• Technical understanding of database, network and RealTime market data systems.