The department and role
The individual will take immediate responsibility for the management of their own properties and projects. This role offers first-rate prospects for a confident, enthusiastic, committed individual.
In addition, with the potential to expanding the client base, the individual will be tasked with achieving objectives set out in the department’s business plans and beyond.
There is a supporting team of facilities managers, building managers and our 24hr tenant Helpdesk. The role will require liaison with the full complement of property management staff across the business including employees of BNP Paribas Real Estate Facilities Management & Client Finance as well as staff across other business lines such as agency, lease advisory, building consultancy and investment agency.
- Taking responsibility for some of their own clients and helping serve other clients
- Providing high quality Property Management services
- Liaising with the clients, their solicitors and tenants on a daily basis
- Preparing reports for and leading client meetings
- Identifying and undertaking asset management initiatives under supervision
- Advising the client in respect of tenancy applications and controlling the licence process
- Instructing and liaising with facilities managers and building consultants in respect of repairs and planned maintenance programmes
- Carrying out regular property inspections
- Management of Lease / Tenancy Schedules
- Liaising with Facilities Managers in respect of service charge budgeting and reporting and undertaking regular service charge expenditure monitoring and reporting
- Liaising with the client accounting team on production of annual service charge budgets, approving reconciliations, rent raising reports etc.
- Management of income arrears and recovery (supported by a dedicated credit controller), invoice approvals, setting up new properties, maintaining the property database, updating the Helpdesk and Tramps, etc
- Preparing revenue budgets and quarterly forecast reporting with the support of a qualified accountant and finance department assistance
- Facilitating regular tenant meetings with strong occupier engagement skills
- Due diligence for acquisition and disposals
- Attendance at team and department meetings
- Providing line manager responsibility (where applicable) within the team
Essential qualifications & experience
- Strong experience within a commercial property management department
- Proven experience of direct reporting to property management clients
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Managing lease events, rent reviews and expiries
- Making recommendations on tenant applications
- Sound Landlord and Tenant knowledge.
- Property Management Accounting knowledge – statements of account, service charges, VAT, arrears recovery, etc
- Degree level qualification
- RICS qualified or equivalent work experience
- Previous use of Tramps or Horizon property accounting packages
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with a high level of attention to detail
- Pro-active “can do” approach – a good team worker
- Client facing and committed
- Confident in ability to work autonomously – uses initiative / self starter
- Excellent time management, organisational and prioritisation skills
- Professional and presentable
- Enthusiastic, reliable, flexible and friendly
- Full clean driving licence
We are proud to offer award-winning benefits to support and reward our employees:
- Heath & Leisure: Private medical cover, 25 days annual leave + public holidays (the option of purchasing up to 5 additional days via flex benefits), health screening, gym discounts, wellbeing support, volunteering opportunities, cycle to work scheme, eye care voucher, travel & retail discounts, travel insurance, concierge service, kids pass, open fairways golf card, great company culture and social events (including sports teams, charity events, art pass), perks at work
- Financial: Pension, company car allowance, life assurance at 8 x basic salary, group income protection, long term disability insurance, interest free season ticket loan, bonus scheme - you will be eligible to participate in the Company’s Bonus Scheme, share incentive plan, financial and mortgage advice
BNP Paribas Real Estate is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and membership to Stonewalls Diversity Champion Programme.