About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
The core remit of GM IT APS is to support technically and functionally front office to back office systems to ensure to operational users stability.The Application Support teams provide 24/7 support to users/clients located across the Globe (Paris, New York, London, Genève, Milan, Hong-Kong, Tokyo) and the APS themselves are located across several sites (Mumbai, Chennai, Paris, New York etc).
Production Support Analyst
GM APS F2BFlow
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Provide a brief description of the overall purpose of the position, why this position exists and how it will contribute in achieving the team’s goal.
The role is within AP eTrading Application Production group responsible globally for technical support and project deliveries. The Production Engineer will be part of a multi-disciplined, providing support to the production elements of the Electronic Trading applications. The role is centred on application production, and requires a wide range of technical skills.
Systems are complex so as part of support activities the range of technical skills involved is wide. All team members are expected to quickly develop, or already have, a good understanding of eTrading systems. Each engineer in the team has applications and technologies allocated to them and they are expected to be, or quickly become experts in these areas. Areas include but not limited to: In-house pricing application for FX products, algorithmic trading components, STP, monitoring, alerting, connectivity and server build.
Out of hours work is regularly required, particularly at weekends. On-call support is also provided by the team.
- Responsible for efficient resolution of issues to minimize impact to clients and internal users including liaising team members, management, vendors, other internal IT teams.
- Perform activities related to implementation and rollout for upgrades of existing services.
- Pro-actively monitor, manage and improve availability and performance of the production environments (from presentation and application layers to middleware and databases)
- Provide main coverage in the “Follow The Sun” support model: perform regular checks and handover to other support teams in Singapore and New York.
- Pro-actively manage the capacity of production applications
- Plan and implement application releases, load tests and configuration changes
- Customize production tools (monitoring, batch scheduling, backups etc.)
- Provide feedback and propose solutions to management on performance, capacity
Contributing Responsibilities :
same as above
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- System administration – Strong knowledge on Linux/Unix systems with ability to tune
- operating systems for optimum performance. Good knowledge on windows
- Strong all-around IT background and proven experience in electronic trading markets on
- similar environments.
- Scripting (Python, PERL, Shell, SQL....) and development skills for administration, monitoring
- and support tools.
- Databases – exposure to or skills in SQL Server and Oracle
- ECN connectivity
- Good network and firewall infrastructure understanding.
- Good understanding of multicast messaging (ideally in a Tibco Rendezvous environment).
- Ability to analyze network captures
- Knowledge of Capital Markets business and environments is essential
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Graduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science.
- 3-5 years of experience in Application support.
- Knowledge on banking application will be preferable.
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to manage a project
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)