Senior Settlement Officer / Assistant Manager - China Stock Connect
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The main objective of this Senior Account Officer/ Assistant Account Manager is to support the growing of the business in HK. This position will be responsible for assisting all functions within the team from BAU for daily operations, UAT testing due to system enhancement to participate on Client service review.
The position holder has to be highly motivated. He/She would be responsible to cover assigned Clearing and Settlement activities and project, will also be acting as the contact point for the client.
Due to the expansion of the business, the position would be required to participate in various ad-hoc projects from time to time, work closely with Relationship Management team on client implementations, run UAT testing and to provide input and support to projects.
The position holder needs to be very proactive and can work independently and under pressure with minimal supervision in a multicultural environment with excellent teamwork. Meticulous and result oriented are also important for this position. Since the scope of the service covers different spectrum of activities, time management is crucial for this role.
Also, this role will be required to work with Clients, excellent communication skill with good client servicing are definitely important.
• Hands on settlement process including Pre-matching and handles trades within BNP Paribas Securities Services guidelines of position control, market deadlines and procedures.
• Adhere to all local market practices for CCASS and CMU
• Action to minimize all buy-in risks
• Resolve all queries in a timely manner
• Write and update Operational procedures from time to time
• Participate in system enhancement and project
• Help to produce Statistics and MIS reports
• Forward client escalation to manager
• Work and monitor closely with our Chennai operations team
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Strong communication skills are essential
• Work independently with minimal supervision
• Fluent in English
• Commitment, Initiative, Drive and Energy to continually improve and enhance processes
• Flexibility to adapt to changing environment; multitasking is essential
• Self-motivated, with a strong sense of initiative
• Good Team player
• Client focused
• Knowledge of TPC or Account Operator would be a plus
• Knowledge of Participant Gateway (PG) is a plus
• Knowledge of Cross border transfer is a plus
• Candidate with more experience will be considered for Assistant Account Manager position
• Degree Holder
• Hands on experience on process settlement activities
• Solid background on the Hong Kong market (Clearing and Settlement)
• Knowledge of stock connect market (Clearing and Settlement)
• At least 3 years of experience in the Custody, Clearing and Settlement activity are required
• Good Swift knowledge
• Stamp Duties Knowledge
• Master with Local market systems - CCASS (C3T) / CMU (eCMT)
• Hands on experience on Reconciliation and Control
• Knowledge of physical certificate handling, ADR
• Major working hours will be 8 am to 8 pm in shift which may change depends on further requirement
• Working in Shifts is required