At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We are seeking qualified talent to be responsible for the restructuring and collection or rehabilitation of the basic to complex problem loans, both unsecured and secured by various types of collateral including real property, inventory, accounts receivable, stocks, etc. Negotiates sale or liquidation of those assets when necessary. Acts as consultant to special assets management on credit issues. This position is the seasoned mid-level of Portfolio Officer job family.
- Evaluates collateral, loan documentation, and financial information to determine borrower's ability to repay. Develops repayment action plans accordingly.
- Conducts negotiations with borrowers and borrower's counsel and makes necessary judgments based on conditions presented to protect the Bank's interest and achieve maximum recovery. Interacts with internal and external legal counsel to develop collection strategy. Provides advice and counsel to lending units in handling troubled loans. Provides advice and counsel to lending units in handling troubled loans.
- Analyzes and determines impact of bankruptcy filings; ensures protection of Bank's position as a creditor. Represents the Bank in court on litigation and bankruptcy cases. Handles all activities necessary to foreclose on real property held as collateral. Directs the liquidation of non-real property assets. Controls legal and other expenses associated with assets under management.
- Directs activities to ensure effective management and maintenance of properties including compliance with all environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Prepares credit documents as required to obtain approvals, provide a review of salient issues to senior management, and meet regulatory requirements.
- May provide assistance and/or guidance to other Portfolio Officers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Accounting or Finance
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Thorough knowledge of secured and unsecured lending practices, documentation and legal requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of business unit functions and cross-unit dependencies/relationships.
- Independent judgment Very proficient at spreading financial statements and performing financial analysis (portfolio, etc.)
- Very proficient at creating cash flow projections
- Analytical and research
- Bank product and service knowledge
- Negotiation skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Planning and organizing.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-SacramentoJob Type: Full-timeJob: Risk Management