At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Collaborate with management and business partners to identify key messages and objectives of the report. Responsible for maintaining, organizing, and gathering information; developing and maintaining reporting procedures and best practices. Coordinate with subject manager experts to develop reports which extract, filter, and aggregate data using logical queries and basic programming. Constructs data metrics, statistics, and analyses. Provide trend analysis through the data analysis ensuring quality control in reporting.
This role is for Enterprise Business Services within the Strategic Sourcing Analytics team and will be responsible for applying effective and innovative technology solutions to improve operational efficiency, functional performance and reduce information processing risk. Plans and manages data analytics that provide overall data management and reporting. Oversees the development of analytical tools and solutions to support the team. Collaborates with management and business partners to identify business, technology, and process improvement opportunities.
Essential Job Functions
- Helps the business leverage big data, new analytic methods, and other technologies and capabilities that improve operating processes; shorten paths for business users to use data for actionable insights; and advance digitization goals
- Drive an understanding and adherence to the principles of data quality management including metadata, lineage, and business definitions.
- Designs the layout of information/data. Formats reports and presentation materials into established templates.
- Good inter-personal and partnering skills to facilitate effective working relationships
- Solid organizational skills, with the ability to handle complex projects in a multi-tasking environment and meet deadlines with quality results.
- Analyzes different data sets to help identify how different lists for the same ‘master’ data topic area can be collapsed.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience
- Ability to read and interpret data models with data governance
- Extract, filter, and aggregate data using logical queries and basic programming
- Develop dashboards for various business teams, charting key metrics and extracting data-driven insights using business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Power BI or SAS Visual Analytics
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience
- Excellent management and control of work flow to produce deliverables within required timeframes and quality standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to condense information and transform technical data into easily understandable concepts.
- Assess, develop and maintain proper controls, documentation, and change management approach for impacted reporting areas.
- Actively participate in automation efforts to enhance the reporting process Partner with Accounting Policy & Internal Control and
- Monitor and track issues to ensure timely and appropriate resolutions are achieved.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.