Senior Release Manager
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
This position is a Data Ops (BIDM) release manager position to coordinate and schedule the release of projects to production. The role will be part project manger/release manager requiring knowledge in waterfall and agile methodolgoeis. The position will be responsible for maintaining artifacts and compliance procedures as part of the bank policy. The role will be working on CI/CD pipelines for Enterprise Release
Essential Job Functions
• Work with project managers within Business Intelligence and Data management (BIDM) team to put together release schedule.
• Work closely with multiple LOB/project teams to ensure the release schedule is up to date.
• Communicate to BIDM management team upcoming releases, risks, mitigation plan for projects and publish releases calendars.
• Work with project team in putting together implementation plan and reviewing the same with the performers, getting approval, closely monitoring the tasks during implementation window and providing update to the team on progress/issues.
• Review the usage of the nonproduction environment and look for better ways to meet the delivery and quality objectives.
• Establish regular reporting, metrics with Management and champion change, automation for faster development cycles
• Provide support to Incident Management. This includes tracking the incident/defects to closure. Publish metrics on production incidents and defects.
• Collaborate with all relevant Data Ops & IT resources to develop preventive measures (Problem Management).
• Partners with IT service management to build a quality service model for the group ensuring adherence to bank and information systems policies and procedures, security measures and audit standards.
• Ensures adherence to bank and information systems policies and procedures, security measures and audit standards.
Experience working on continuous Integration/deployment automated tools working as configuration manager.
• 8+ years of Enterprise Release Management experience, with 3 + years in financial institution.
• 5 + years experience working on tools JIRA, Service Now, Sharepoint, Cherwell or similar tools
• 2 + years experience in continuous integration/delivery/integration tools in Enterprise building model and implementation.
- Bachelor's Degree
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.