Senior Relationship Manager
BNP Paribas Securities Services is a multi-asset servicing specialist with local expertise in 36 markets around the world and a global reach covering 90+ markets. This extensive network enables us to provide our institutional investor clients with the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
As of 31 December 2018, BNP Paribas Securities Services had USD 10.660 trillion in assets under custody, USD 2.662 trillion in assets under administration, 10,545 funds administered and 11,932 employees
The purpose of the role is to manage the relationships with our clients who are based in the UK. These relationships are often complex and may involve multiple locations across BNP Paribas including UK, Luxembourg, Channel Islands, Ireland, US, Singapore and Australia. Furthermore, clients in the UK are often early adopters of many of our new products.
The team has two principle objectives which are (i) to protect and retain the existing client revenue streams, and (ii) to grow these revenue streams through the cross selling of new products.
The role of the wider department is to manage the existing relationships that BNP Paribas holds with UK based asset managers, alternative asset managers, pension funds, investment trusts and insurance companies.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
• Protect client business and revenue from our competitors
• Nurture the client to ensure long term profitability for the business.
• Maintain industry knowledge and a solid understanding of the client’s organisational structure and strategy.
• Promote BNP Paribas as a strategic partner
• Identify new opportunities for BNP Paribas to cross-sell its products and services to meet client needs and cross-sell targets.
• Ensure BNP Paribas specialists and management meet with the client regularly to understand their requirements and demonstrate commitment.
• Penetrate the client organisation by building strong personal relationships (in particular at senior level), to understand the client’s strategy and assess their future needs for products and services
• Build reputation as a trusted advisor to the client and ensure adequate exposure to BNP Paribas’ senior management, as and when appropriate
• Act as the client 'champion' within BNP Paribas, looking to add value to differentiate BNP Paribas from the competition and to share client knowledge and account strategy internally
• Ensure client satisfaction on global service delivery and act as an escalation point when the relationship quality is in question
• Work with colleagues to create and communicate compelling value propositions for client specific needs.
• Help position BNP Paribas as a market leader in delivering quality services and a thought leader in developing innovative client solutions.
• Ensure an up-to-date strategic relationship plan is in place and actions are delivered upon
• Responsibility for coordination and management of LRM relationships in other BNP Paribas locations
• Leading by example and acting as an ambassador for the UK location through engagement with the business lines and other locations
• Contribute to risk control by providing input to the annual credit review of the client relative to anticipated future global activity
• Contribute in the design of new products and services in coordination with Segment Heads, Business Lines and Locations
• Develop, maintain and share knowledge on client, market, industry, competitive product offering and regulatory developments
• Participate in the design and implementation of new or enhanced products and services across locations
• Raise BNP Paribas profile at industry or media events by participating in conferences, panels, round tables etc
Skills and Experience required
• Experience in complex corporate or institutional relationship management
• Industry and product knowledge, particularly in the asset management or securities services industry
• Proven track record of client retention and revenue expansion
• Proven people and stakeholder management expertise, including experience of managing and motivating matrix teams; navigates the political environment
• Effectively liaises with a number of individuals throughout the organisation; The ability to build effective long lasting relationships
• Ability to work on multiple assignments and complete high-quality work against strict and competing deadlines as dictated by internal teams, prospects, consultants and clients.
• Proven ability to work well under pressure.
• Self-motivated and disciplined.
• Strong securities services industry knowledge
• Excellent client facing skills
• Good presentation skills, both written and oral with strong attention to detail
Qualifications required for the role:
• Industry experience or professional qualifications relating to asset management, insurance or securities services
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.