(Senior) Relationship Manager (m/f/d) – BC Berlin
Berlin Full-time/ Part-time permanent
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking is a bridge between large multinationals and mid-sized companies with international business activities (Corporates) and institutional investors and financial service providers (Institutionals). The division is a leading provider of sustainable financing and investment solutions. More than 35,000 employees worldwide serve around 18,000 corporates and institutions in 56 countries. In Germany, around 800 employees work for our clients.
The (S) Relationship Manager plays a fundamental role within the Corporate Coverage business model. He/she is mainly in charge of a portfolio of large, complex local corporates. The (S)RM (m/f/d) will assume the following duties:
Challenges that let you grow:
- Acting as primary contact point for client needs and representing BNP Paribas in front of the clients
- Originating all BNP Paribas products together with Business Lines; secure the increase of recurring business, thus increase the level of revenues and cross sell
- Originate high value mandates in Investment Banking incl. M&A, ECM and DCM
- Manage relationships at all relevant levels of a corporate incl. CEO/CFO-level
- Understand the Group structure of your clients and leverage the international network of BNP Paribas
- Ensuring implementation of an aligned business strategy towards clients together with Business Lines (Cash Management, ECM, Factor etc.)
- Ensuring the updating and accuracy of the CRM tool (call reports, status of opportunities and deal pipeline management among others)
- Improving the profitability of client relationships and optimizing RWA
- Ensuring implementation of Client Action Plan (CAP) together with Business Lines
- Risk Management: Active monitoring & reporting of corporate risks, responsible for KYC On-boarding, recertification & for ensuring adequate client due diligence
Skills that convince:
- Studies of economics or comparable academic education, alternatively an apprenticeship plus further educational background in banking
- Professional experience in corporate or investment/ wholesale banking, preferably in an international set-up
- Solid client and product expertise (several years in corporate/investment banking)
- Broad knowledge of the large and midcap universe
- Knowledge of risks and experience in managing their major processes
- Client-oriented working manner
- Ability to communicate and knowledge of selling techniques
- Team player
- Fluent in German and English (oral & written), additional language(s) as benefit
What we offer:
- Modern working environment, including work laptop & mobile for flexible working
- Building (inter)national networks and career prospects within the BNP Paribas Group
- Many benefits for employees, e.g. family service, Jobticket, Occupational pensions & Central location with good public transport connection
BNP Paribas has committed to the sustainable and forward-looking design of society. Ethical principles, risk awareness and responsibility are the foundations of our day-to-day action. The BNP Paribas Group has set itself the goal of raising awareness, motivating and activating its stakeholders, particularly employees, partners and shareholders, as well as the society on sustainable issues. The Commitment to Diversity has confirmed BNP Paribas with the signing of the Diversity Charter in 2017 and is part of the JamaisSansElles initiative, which promotes women's visibility.
BNP Paribas is the European Union’s leading bank and key player in international banking. It has a presence in 68 countries, with around 193,000 employees, including almost 148,000 in Europe. The BNP Paribas Group has been active in Germany since 1947 and has successfully positioned itself on the market with twelve entities. Private customers, companies and institutions are looked after by roughly 6,000 employees in all relevant economic regions all over the country. The wide-ranging products and services offered by BNP Paribas are that of an innovative universal bank.
Would you like to help shape a changing world?
Then go with us the next step and apply now via the application button as Relationship Manager (m/f/d)!
Please contact Katharina Hansen on +49 (0) 6971938080 as well as by email: recruiting.germany [at] bnpparibas (dot) com.
COVID-19-Update: The safety and well-being of our candidates and our employees have the highest priority. The first interviews will therefore continue to be conducted virtually.