BNP Paribas is one of the euro zone’s leading banks, strongly positioned in its two core businesses - Retail Banking, Corporate & Institutional Banking - and present worldwide with nearly 192.500 employees in 74 countries. BNP Paribas has completed 32 years of presence in Portugal, has today more than 4000 employees in Portugal, and is one of the largest foreign institutions in the country.
Group Finance Services is a European finance operations center in Lisbon, and part of BNP Paribas Group Finance function. This function is responsible for compiling and processing accounting and financial information in order to ensure the publication of financial information and to provide Executive Management with the necessary information for the entire Group’s financial management. It is also responsible for the design, deployment and evolution of financial information systems.
Within Group Finance, “Purchasing Solutions & Accounts Payable - Cost Accounting Services” (PS&AP CAS) is in charge of the cost accounting operations and tools for the Group. In order to face a context of rapid transformation, we are building a team of Senior Project Managers to support and ensure the successful execution of our transformation roadmap and strategic programs. This team will contribute to the overall activity of PS&AP CAS, focusing mainly on projects related to:
· Group Invoice Processing and P2P process design and Core model roll out.
· Design, build and evolution of the Group SAP platform in line with the Core model and the technologic evolutions.
The Senior Project Manager is expected to integrate and strengthen the Senior Project Managers team, structuring, coordinating, supervising and managing projects. As such, the mission is to facilitate and ensure the success of projects.
All successful candidates will benefit from training opportunities and team interactions that will provide them with the required know-how of our organization.
- Manage Business Case and Opportunity study for strategic projects and programs
- Manage end-to-end projects, developing a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress, and ensuring the key outcomes are delivered (on-time, within scope and within budget)
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs, using appropriate verification techniques
- Bring top down perspective and escalate any transversal issues
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders and participate on governance meetings in order to prioritize items related to change request and incidents
- Prioritize / accelerate and secure delivery of projects’ streams and tasks
- Propose meaningful governance, onboard key stakeholders and coordinate their contribution
- Make sure that GFS methodology, standards and controls are properly applied
- Partner with other Project Managers in GFS
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Finance/Business Management
- Professional experience: 15 years of experience with at least 8 years as project manager and/or program manager
- Previous experience in change management and the coordination of major transformation projects
- Knowledge of Finance, Accounting and/or purchase-to-pay processes
- SAP experience is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, at all levels of the organization, both face-to-face and remote
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management, both orally and in writing:
o Writes sharp and straight-to-the-point executive summaries, emails
o Capable of delivering impactful presentations, adopting a communication style which is open and constructive
o Ability to simplify complex information in a clearly organized, appropriate and visually interesting manner
- Energetic, positive, proactive and results oriented
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving mindset
- Excellent planning skills and attention to detail: needs to be the “go-to person” for project progress, task status, budget (forecasts/actuals), milestones, resources plans and schedules
- Ability to work in a fast fast-paced and dynamic environment, with international locations and different stakeholders
- Fluent in English (minimum C1 Level, CECRL certificate), and French (B2 Level, CECRL certificate)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access)
- Prepared to travel regularly.
Primary Location: PT-11-LisbonJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISEEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 10 yearsSchedule: Full-time