Senior Project Manager - Business Analyst
• Global LAP Organization North America – Finance & Tax projects Team Lead
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The Global LAP Organization North America (GLO), part of the project COO Organization in Finance & Tax Americas ensures that appropriate solutions are put in place for the Finance (accounting) and Tax organization to meet their business objectives. The team acts as the bridge for the Finance and Tax organization to various departments within the BNP Paribas group, mainly the Business, PMO and Technology organizations in New York, New Jersey, Montreal, Mumbai, London and Paris.
The team works simultaneously on a wide range of projects arising from business and regulatory changes, strategic initiatives and reengineering existing applications to improve functionality and efficiency. The team also provides first line user support through training, research and responding to general queries
The Senior Project Manager / Business Analyst has broad based responsibilities for the functional design, specification and deployment of Finance Systems initiatives. S/he will work simultaneously as a team leader on the regulatory projects and as a team member to implement those projects.
The Project Manager / Business Analyst will primarily manage Regulatory projects rolled out by the CIB central project team or Finance Group. These projects aim to adapt Finance systems and processes to new accounting norms, or new regulatory reporting requirements.
The Project Manager / Business Analyst has broad responsibilities for the deployment of Finance systems and related changes / enhancements. This includes:
- Managing the portfolio of regulatory projects and coordinating the team of business analysts to ensure on-time quality delivery of the projects.
- Communicate project status, risks and issues in alignment to Manager and Key Stakeholders
- Liaising with users for requirements gathering, UAT and migration testing up to successful delivery of the end product.
- Liaising with counterparts in IT and PMO organizations in New York, New Jersey, London, Mumbai and Paris.
- Providing users with Subject Matter Expertise for Finance processes & systems.
- Collecting and analyzing user requirements and business processes.
- Developing functional specification for delivery to IT.
- Performing system testing to ensure that development is in line with functional specification.
- Ensuring on-time quality delivery of all activities assigned.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Extensive experience in business and system analysis (gathering requirements, creating system specifications) in the financial services industry, either-or
• Extensive experience in accounting production or financial reporting, in the financial services industry.
• Good knowledge of banking products (Capital Markets and Corporate banking)
• Good knowledge of Finance and accounting systems
• Knowledge of Project Management processes and workflow is a plus
• CPA highly desirable – else University degree in Finance/Accounting.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Access is a plus).
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to explain complex issues clearly and concisely to audiences of varying technical, accounting or seniority levels.
• Ability to work effectively in geographically dispersed cross-functional teams.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.