About the job
CIB Analytics Consulting (AC) consists of 60 people based in Paris, Lisbon and Porto. Reporting to the CIB Chief Data Officer, Analytics Consulting is an in-house center of expertise on Data, Analytics, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. It is at the forefront of the data transformation of BNP Paribas CIB and the team is constantly evolving. It helps internal entities (primarily CIB) better understand and use internal & external data. It offers dashboarding, advanced analytics capabilities and ML/AI applications to its internal clients in response to their business needs.
The Senior Project Manager’s mission is to lead simple to complex programmes or projects to success, while coaching junior team members, and striving for the continuous improvement of the project management methodologies and associated tools and techniques
Your Main Activities Are
The main responsibilities are:
- Lead complex projects ensuring that the key project outcomes are delivered
- Ensure meaningful project structure and governance, as well as management of key stakeholders, represent projects in key stakeholder (OpCo, SteerCo) and report directly to project sponsors
- Ensure method is applied to frame and execute programme, projects, or specific complex project streams, on time, on quality and on budget
- Lead meetings, workshops or internal trainings, using pertinent techniques and providing perceptive results
- Support clients in implementing project outcomes and follow-up outcomes with clients
- Take responsibility for the delivery of presentations and reporting for clients and management
- Provide continuous support and coaching to the other team members
Profile and Skills to Success
- 4+ years’ experience in programme/project management is required preferably in IT and specifically in Data engineering, Data Science and/or Machine Learning domains
- Previous experience in Natural Language Processing projects and/or strategy and management consulting would be appreciated
- Mastery of project management methodologies and tools
- Exposure to development of projects on Big Data, Machine Learning, Business Intelligence, Statistical Analysis or similar
- Exposure to Artificial Intelligence techniques and paradigms
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Highly organised and able to multi-task
- Problem solver
- Exposure to python with special emphasis on machine learning and statistical driven-tools is a plus
- Fluent English
- French and Portuguese are a plus
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 72 countries, with around 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 6.500 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.