BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Within our team, the Project Implementation practice hosts the Project Leads for vertical (Front-Office to accounting) or transversal (across several Front Office business lines or users groups or locations/entities) projects.
The Program Management Officer (PMO) provides operational support to DRIVE program managers based in Europe (London, Paris and Lisbon) primarily, when this pertains to a high profile / complex program.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The PMO will have a high level view of programs in order to successfully coordinate its key aspects. Must have a delivery mindset and be able to ensure alignment between of the different program participants. The role encompasses to:
- Ensure that program management standards are followed and that the tools and materials are continuously improved
- Strive for standardizing and automating throughout the execution of projects
- Facilitate the organization and follow-up of Steering Committees and Working groups at program level, including arranging facilities, preparing materials, producing minutes
- Monitor closely the risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies, providing the right level of action when necessary
- Ensure clear, timely and up-to-date communication on the program
- Ensure quality and timeliness of status update from various streams and prepare the consolidated view at program level
- Follow-up on the achievement of milestones
- Ensure program artefacts are stored into SharePoint in a timely manner and kept up-to-date, utilizing SharePoint in its full potential
- Coordinate program budget request and monitor on a monthly basis spent versus budget / forecast
- Facilitate program’s closure, including closure meeting, storage of deliverables and consolidation of inputs from the various stakeholders
- Train the program manager on the necessary tools for the accurate tracking and execution of the program (namely Clarity and SharePoint)
The key interactions are with the program manager, the program sponsor, the stream leaders and key stakeholders from the program.
For all above activities which cannot be progressed as per the expectations, the PMO can rely on the program manager as an escalation point of contact.
- Master degree in Management / Finance / Project Management or related fields
- 3 to 4 years of experience as Program Management Officer
- Knowledge of project and program methodology.
- Knowledge of the Clarity & SharePoint applications is a plus.
- Good knowledge of MS Office suite, especially PowerPoint & excel.
- Organized and delivery-focused.
- Great attention to details, precise and tidy.
- Clear, concise, to-the-point communication.
- Self-driven, comfortable operating with a large level of autonomy.
- Proactive, propose initiatives to improve quality and prevent risks / issues.
- Ability to work well under short deadlines at times.
- Solid work ethic and high level of motivation.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.