At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We are undergoing a dramatic transformation to reimagine our brand, experiences, and products. We know real change is hard work, which is why we need people who are aligned with our values and ready to make a serious impact on our industry and the world. We need your experience, optimism, and energy to define, design, and build the future.
We are throwing past constraints and assumptions out the window as we redesign and rebuild all of our digital products. From our native mobile apps to our extensive portfolio of online products and services we aim to reset the bar for consumer experience in the financial industry. To accomplish our goals, we are building a team of professionals assembled from e-commerce, entertainment, fintech, and social media.
We are looking for people unafraid of bringing their authentic selves to work. Our inspiration and collaboration depend on the diversity of our teams, and inclusion of all voices in our process. We value honesty, transparency, and positive leadership. We are not interested in corporate politics. We appreciate action. We reward continual improvement. We want you to grow. We want you to be yourself. We want you to ask for help and help your peers. We want you to work hard and be proud of the results. We want you to take vacation. We know that when we support you, you will do the best work of your career.
Our eyes are on the future and we need you to help make it happen, join us.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the management of assigned product(s) including market research; financial analysis; product planning, development and implementation; and coordination of sales and marketing strategies, objectives and programs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Makes recommendations in the development of marketing and advertising programs for the assigned product or products.
- Reviews complaints and suggestions relative to assigned product or products. May develop a plan for resolution.
- Maintains contacts with bank officers responsible for marketing and sales of assigned product(s) to monitor trends, determine customer acceptance, understand customer’s needs, etc.
- Ensures all new and existing products and communication related to those products are in compliance with bank policy and regulatory requirements.
- Develops and recommends pricing strategies that will result in meeting product objectives.
- Evaluates current economic conditions and advises management of possible impact on assigned products and services.
- Gathers market intelligence so that market opportunities may be capitalized on as they occur and the effects of competitive activity are minimized.
Other Job Functions:
- Working with Digital Marketing, develops and recommends marketing objectives, including sales volume and profit forecasts.
- Recommends criteria for testing newly developed products, reviews test results and recommends necessary alteration of testing of product
- Evaluates ideas for new digital products, investigates market opportunities and effect on market of present products, and recommends exploitation of economically attractive products.
- Working closely with business partners, recommends new or revised digital products by researching, or directing research, of identified target markets to determine customer/prospect needs, acceptance, and probability of purchase.
- Thorough knowledge of product line assigned including operational and marketing aspects. Understanding of product planning and market research.
- Analytical and research
- Bank product and service knowledge
- Compose letters/memorandums
- Coordinate meetings
- Develop office procedures
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Organisation skills
- Ability to deliver / Results driven
- Client focused
- Ability to listen and influence others
- Ability to synthetize, simplify, collaborate & communicate with others
- Ability to manage a project
- Ability to anticipate business & strategic evolution
- Ability to inspire others & generate people’s commitment
- Ability to manage & facilitate a meeting/seminar/committee/training
- Ability to manager transverse team
- Ability to decide quickly
- Ability to improve skills of the team
- Ability to develop relation networks