Senior Product Manager- Merchant Services
Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing a broad array of products encompassing one or more significant market segments or business lines- such as pricing, product introductions, feature and functionality development, and offer strategies. Develops and implements strategic aspects of product management including competitive and consumer analysis; product definition and design; business requirements and systems execution; pricing and profitability; metrics – both centralized and distributed across the branch network; channel integration; communication across the organization at a tactical level; legal and regulatory compliance; and coordination of sales and marketing strategies. The individual must develop and maintain strong partnerships and programs with the key partners and teams.
Essential Job Functions
· Identify the opportunities and investments needed to drive revenue growth primarily through new customer acquisitions and generate incremental revenue from existing portfolio.
· Partner effectively with key Channels/LOBs to develop strategic plans and craft channel specific programs/action plan to accomplish goals.
· Actively monitor the industry landscape, identify emerging trends in Product/Technology/Offers to enable BOTW stay competitive and bring best-in-class solutions to Bank customers
· Develop deep insights related to customer behavior/needs by Industry, translate this into distinct value proposition and solution set by Industry partnering with SME Segment, Marketing and Payment Processing Vendor
· Lead development of reporting/dashboards to monitor sales production, pin-point opportunities and improve overall Sales Performance Management across channels
· Responsible for managing strategic partners including communications, partner integration efforts and business performance
- Bachelor's Degree required. Business, Marketing or Finance preferred
- Minimum 10 yrs. related product management experience in Merchant Services or Payments Processing business
- Ability to work across multiple internal stakeholders, business areas, and external providers to deliver high-quality solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think out-of-the-box
- Strong orientation towards results
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.