At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
The leader for Product Management for our Commercial Payments including Digital Payments will build our strategic roadmap for all commercial payment products. Leading a team of Product Managers who cover all payment solutions for our commercial clients in Treasury Solutions (Cash Management). The Product Management Leader is primarily accountable for the P&L of all products and services from an end to end process perspective, including constant analyses of costs, cost minimization goals, investigation of and pursuit of revenue enhancement opportunities to maximize profitability . This leader also develops, communicates and executes product strategy. The scope of responsibilities includes market analysis, market research, competitive analyses and positioning, segmentation analyses and segment targeting, prioritization of new and existing product development, marketing messaging development and collateral development and maintenance, commercialization, financial management and product administration. Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Market analysis includes product strategy development and communication, industry trend tracking, market surveys, competitive intelligence gathering, regulatory intelligence gathering, collating client feedback and segmentation analysis.
- Strategy development, communication and execution including thought leadership, frequent attendance at and presentations to client and industry conferences and gatherings, authoring and publishing of thought leadership in the area of product family expertise and membership/representation in select associations and industry groups.
- Commercialization includes subject matter expertise in support of sales, developing and conducting product training, developing and maintaining product documentation including legal documentation, including up to date web site content, developing and maintaining sales and marketing collateral.
- Financial Management includes developing and maintaining business plans, managing the P&L of each product, forecasting and budgeting, deal pricing and pricing policy development, maintenance and communication, and pricing modeling.
- Product Administration includes participation and leadership in internal partnership meetings and discussions, cooperating with, responding to and remediating findings related to audits, vendor management, compliance with regulatory and compliance issues and updates, and risk management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad management knowledge to lead project teams in one department.
- Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Requires 12+ years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Business or Marketing
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Experience & expertise in developing and executing market strategies for commercial payments cash management needs.
- Experience & expertise to attract, develop and retain talent, including team building and mentoring.
- Experience and expertise in instilling product management disciplines in a changing or evolving environment.
- Key Product Areas Managed Under This Role.
- Experience with product pricing and profitability.
- Commercial Payment Products expertise.
- Product Marketing.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San FranciscoJob Type: Full-timeJob: Business / Commercial Banking