Strategic Sourcing Officer
What sets Bank of
the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic
spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team
of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect
our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We
seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence,
encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team
members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving
our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a
135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global
banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world.
We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking,
Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
The Strategic Sourcing group at Bank of the West is building a team that has a greenfield opportunity to transform how the bank strategically buys and manages its supplier base. We are in a dynamic startup environment and we need a Sourcing lead who has the energy and drive to make a difference.
The Sourcing lead will collaborate with key business stakeholders in developing sourcing strategies and driving improvements to lower the total costs of doing business with Bank of the West. The position will maintain exceptional sourcing strategies and superior supplier relationships and will be participate in the design and implementation of procurement best practices.
Essential Job Functions
- Identifies and implements solutions to drive cost reductions and cost-avoidance opportunities for assigned category through category knowledge that researches and understands leading industry trends at country, regional or global level.
- Interacts with and supports multiple businesses, internal and external Stakeholders, functions and Suppliers.
- Effectively influences and aligns strategies and expectations and manages individual priorities given a set of performance objectives.
- Manages Suppliers including supplier development and performance management. Leads complex contract negotiations - balancing of risk and rewards.
- Provides guidance to internal business clients on Procurement capabilities and processes. Works to ensure team cost savings (reduction, and avoidance) goals are achieved or exceeded and ensures business control compliance.
- Analyzes data and strategic opportunities leading to the identification of potential Business Partner optimization gaps. Suggests and implements improvements/changes.
- Optimizes Procurement processes to ensure Business Partners are able to make successful business decisions.
- Works with Business Units and Corporate Legal in negotiating pricing and terms and conditions related to sourcing agreements.
Other Job Duties
- May lead and manage projects, promotes teamwork and communications in coordination with colleagues and Business Partners.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree, MBA Preferred
- Thorough knowledge of strategic sourcing strategies across categories such as Technology, Professional Services and banking operations
- Ability to analyze data and tell the story to Executive stakeholders on the opportunities to efficiently manage spend
- Proven ability in managing high-level complex supplier contracts and partnerships.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.