At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Performs Database Administration duties associated with installation, support, tuning, security and maintenance of databases. Handles moderate to complex database related activities and projects without need for guidance or supervision.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Implement, manage, and monitor databases in Dev/Test/Prod and DR environments.
- Perform physical implementation of database design from software installation to database creation.
- Install, manage, maintain, and troubleshoot databases and data models that support vendor products and in-house applications
- Manage multiple databases, ensuring that all servers are operational per SLA and all scheduled jobs and backups are consistently completed.
- Assume responsibility for backup and recovery, sizing, security, replication, database optimization, schema creation and maintenance, as well as SQL tuning and code optimization.
- Perform root cause analysis of database problems.
- Adhere to policies and procedures pertaining to the database management, security, maintenance and utilization.
- May need to participate in on-call rotation for support outside business hours
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EducationEqual Employment Opportunity Policy
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Technology