At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the timely payment of insurance bills and real estate tax payment for loans serviced by the Bank. Maintains quality control for boarding of insurance and tax lines. Analyzes and researches closing documentation to ensure proper mathematical calculations. Analyzes workflow and determines which payment/function is high priority. Performs all stages of escrow analysis.
Essential Job Functions
- Processes the payment of all types of insurance and real estate tax bills, which includes running disbursement tapes through EDI processing, processing exceptions to disbursement tapes, obtaining amounts and paying escrow items on open items list. Uses disbursement listings and tapes received from vendors, insurance companies, counties and MortgageServ.
- Reviews and coordinates escrow analysis trial and researches any exceptions which arise concerning the customer’s escrow account.
- Processes all specialized escrow functions. Obtains in-depth knowledge of each specialized function as specified by management.
- Performs analysis processing annually for each escrow account.
- Monitors interest paid on escrow accounts.
- Update new interest rates annually for interest paid on escrow.
- Processes and monitors all stages of insurance loss drafts.
- Posts all escrow shortage payments properly.
Other Job Duties
- Monitors new loan escrow line setup.
- Researches and responds to customer inquiries received by phone or mail.
- Acts as an informational resource within the department, for other departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Proficient knowledge of escrow servicing systems.
- Proficient knowledge of RESPA guidelines as well as other agency guidelines and requirements (e.g.HOPA) as it applies to mortgage servicing.
- Proficient knowledge of insurance/tax and analysis procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of all mortgage escrow requirements.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office software, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- IFE and MBA courses helpful.
- Ability to operate a CRT and 10-key calculator.
- Analytical and research skills.
- Attention to details.
- Bank product and service knowledge.
- Customer service skills.
- Maintain filing system.
- Operate standard office equipment.
- Personal computer skills.
- Performs math and analyses.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Type 35 wpm.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-OmahaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Mortgage