About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,600 employees, of which almost 155,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the European leader in consumer lending.
BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
As a Middle Office Analyst, the individual is responsible acting as a key contact for clients, brokers and other third parties in the resolution of day to day exceptions for BNP Paribas Financial Services, LLC. He/she is responsible for the management of the trade lifecycle of all client trades post execution, this includes activities such as trade confirmation/affirmation, trade SSI communication, trade settlement monitoring, reconciliation break resolution and post settlement lifecycle events.
Ensure portfolio trades are captured on MO systems, affirmed with counterparties, and communicated to custodians including standard settlement instructions where applicable.
Monitor trade settlements and resolve outstanding fails with trading counterparties.
Reconcile portfolio positions and cash balances to custodians and counterparties and resolve outstanding breaks. This includes working closely with BNP Fund Accounting on reconciliation break resolution and providing back up for trade related items.
Provide portfolio reporting needs to clients and act as point of contact for queries on these reports.
Monitor, confirm and process collateral requirements for OTC derivatives trades.
Contribute to client satisfaction by ensuring that the highest level of service is delivered accurately by the relevant deadlines, against standardized benchmarks and in compliance with global procedures.
Assist in the rollout of technology initiatives to clients.
Work with technology vendors and clients to improve efficiency in overall processes and meet tight deadlines.
Participate in projects that are identified due to the current strategy and evolution of the business.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required in Finance, Economics or Accounting or related field
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate a calm, logical approach to all situations
- Ability to multitask and to work under pressure, prioritizing duties according to risk
- Ability to interact with very demanding stakeholders, managing their expectations whilst developing strong working relationships and bank standards
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; notably the ability to clearly articulate issues and influence resolution
- Self-motivated, energetic, and intellectually curious individual who is able to deliver with minimal supervision, whilst also working effectively as part of a team
- 1-5 Years of Middle Office Experience
- Proficiency in use of Advent Geneva and Paladyne
- Knowledge of trade capture and settlement process flow.
- Extensive knowledge of fixed income, equity, and derivative instruments
- Expert knowledge of trade support, settlements, FX a plus
- Proficient with trade order management systems and Bloomberg
- Strong understanding of transaction lifecycle
- Knowledge of global markets and trading habits in the global market.
FINRA Registrations Required:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.