• Team Leader – Structured Credit
• Provides on-going quality and professional service that supports the lending activities of a designated customer and marketing group, working as a cooperative partner within a processing team.
• Monitors the lending instructions received from customers and or agent banks for completeness, accuracy and intent. Proactive involvement with the marketing groups and team overseeing new closings and transaction processing, including daily review and management of upcoming events to ensure timely processing and verification of maturing loans and commitments.
• Accurate and timely LoanIQ System input of all loan related transactions thereby avoiding potential transaction discrepancies. Includes the accurate preparation of all the pertinent forms required to facilitate a customer transaction, e.g. loan authorizations, fund transfers, fund control logs, excel spreadsheets and fax notifications. Participation in the double verification of all transactions processed by team.
• Timely and accurate preparation of customer bills for applicable fees and or interest. Includes utilizing the information provided from the system to determine amounts and proper billing period.
• Reviews the reconcilement of (cash disbursement) suspense accounts on a daily basis. Includes the timely monitoring, resolution and reporting of all open items and ensuring that reconciliation tapes for the Control & Reconciliation are prepared daily.
• Ensuring the reconcilement and applicable corrections of customer portfolio such as, unused commitment fee and commitment balances, past due related items, differences in the amortizing of fees and GL balances. Includes independently utilizing the existing query tools as a means to verify the accuracy of transaction processing and reporting.
• Investigates and resolves any inquiries or transaction anomalies on a timely basis, and or within established timetables, received from customers, agent banks and or any internal sources.
• Comply with the established administrative guidelines and that transaction processing is consistent with departmental procedures. Includes adherence to internal approval process and the maintenance of facility/loan files in accordance with established guidelines. Contribute towards the re-engineering of processing.
• Routinely reports any problematic, irregular transactions, administrative and or personnel issues to management as appropriate
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Previous loan servicing experience, especially using the LoanIQ loan system, a plus
• Good understanding of Loan Products
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Proficiency in Windows environment and MS Office products – Excel essential
• Ability to work overtime when necessary.
• Ability to work Canada holidays not shared with the U.S.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Self-starter and team player, must have good communication skills and an ability to work in a high volume time sensitive environment.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.