Primary responsibilities include:
- Providing general legal and transactional advisory support to various business lines, including corporate banking, structured finance and global markets business. Acting as the senior lawyer responsible for the legal coverage of the fixed income and derivatives business in Indonesia.
- Working closely with territory management, participating in and contributing to relevant management committees and meetings.
- Reviewing and drafting documents relating to various banking and financing transactions, including account opening, loan facility and security documentation, Transaction Banking documentation (Cash Management and Trade Services), e-banking, product term sheets and confirmations, subscription agreements, custodian agreements, distribution agreements, service agreements, recovery, restructuring and workouts and other transaction-related documentation, IT and Administration/facilities Vendor Agreements
- Preparing and reviewing the POAs to ensure the authorization regime is in accordance with the regional guidelines and also with the local requirements.
- Formulating, drafting and reviewing standard legal documentation, templates and related guidelines, policies and procedure notes.
- Managing restructuring, actual and potential litigation and disputes, and insolvency matters.
- Monitoring the development of relevant laws and regulations and updating of legal know-how in respect of products and services in Indonesia.
- Working closely with management, business teams and other functions, providing them with legal assistance in their day-to-day work.
- Working closely with management and business line to opine on the new products and services to be launched by the bank.
- Providing legal advice and support as required in relation to other general legal matters and other legal projects.
- Sound knowledge of Indonesia banking law and regulations and relevant experience in banking and loan transactions. Experience in derivatives product documentation.
- Knowledge of Indonesia legal and regulatory regime in respect of capital markets products would be an advantage.
- Willing to assume high levels of responsibility. Ability to work independently, deal with a robust and demanding internal client base including by handling multiple matters simultaneously and meeting tight deadlines when required.
- Flexibility and ability to handle a broad spectrum of work and to establish new structures and templates.
- Candidate must be able to identify and analyse legal risks and issues quickly, be responsive and provide comprehensive solutions.
- Good transaction structuring and drafting skills.
- Solution focused mind-set but with a firm legal integrity.
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently with individuals at all levels of seniority and from different cultures. Candidate must be a team player with an ability to work closely and constructively with colleagues across the region.
Primary Location: ID-JW-Jakarta RayaJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: LEGAL AND TAXEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 7 years