At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for facilitating and supporting the bank's objectives to increase earning assets while maintaining quality standards by approving or declining commercial and/or real estate loans, wealth management LOC's and by working closely with assigned units to negotiate and structure highly complex credit arrangements. Lending authority is generally $10 million or less. Generally supports one geographical area and/or one industry specialty, i.e.. agribusiness, real estate construction, etc.
Essential Job Functions
- Facilitates commercial and/or real estate loan originations, wealth management LOC’s by working with line officers in structuring and development of loan proposals to meet the customers’ or prospects’ needs while conforming to bank and regulatory requirements. Makes joint calls as needed.
- Reinforces adherence to bank underwriting policies and procedures and growth, quality and profit objectives through the loan approval process.
- Implements and reinforces policies and procedures to comply with fundamental business and credit priorities of the bank.
- May conduct training classes on new or updated procedures.
- Assists in monitoring compliance with internal and regulatory requirements.
- Analyzes pertinent financial and credit data and makes final credit decisions (approval or declination) within signing authority. Recommends to higher level of authority if appropriate.
- Interacts with internal and external auditors on regulatory issues of quality and on related trends.
- Assists in identifying and managing troubled assets and potential troubled assets in assigned area.
Other Job Duties
- Provides guidance to line offices as applicable on identification and management of classified and/or troubled loans.
- Follows commercial loan risk ratings or Real Estate/ Wealth Management credit policies and procedures to ensure maintenance of a quality loan portfolio.
- Performs reviews of specific portfolio composition and quality as assigned.
- Interacts with line units and service centers, operations, accounting, appraisal, legal and other related bank personnel.
- Keeps informed of competitors’ rates and loan programs and recommends appropriate changes to current bank programs and rates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have deep knowledge of project management.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Thorough knowledge of commercial and/or real estate lending policies, practices, documentation, and legal and regulatory requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of financial statement, business, industry and economic analysis.
- Complete understanding of syndications, capital markets, and other highly complex lending facilities
- May require specific industry knowledge in more than one industry, i.e.. agribusiness, real estate construction, etc., or knowledge of numerous complex geographical areas
- Analytical and research
- Bank product and service knowledge
- Verbal and written communication
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills .
- Use personal computer
- Planning and organizing
Working Location Statement
This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (San Ramon, CA, Tempe, AZ, Omaha, NE) or to work remotely as long as it is in within our 27 state working footprint which includes AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IA, IL, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY, NY.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.