As the leading European Union bank, and one of the world’s largest financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence in the region since 1860, BNP Paribas offers a wide range of financial services for corporate, institutional and private investors spanning corporate and institutional banking, wealth management, asset management and insurance.
We passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, including diversity of origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion applicants who may be living with a disability. We have a number of internal employee networks in place to empower our staff to act and challenge the status quo.
• BNP Paribas PRIDE is highly active in favour of the LGBTQIA+ community
• BNP Paribas MixCity which fosters better representation of women at all levels of the organization
• Ability, the mutual aid network for employees with a disability or a disabling or chronic illness
• BNP Paribas CulturAll which celebrates diverse backgrounds
BNP is committed to financing a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. The Group is a founding member of the Net-Zero Banking Alliance and has set up its own Low Carbon Transition Group to support its clients through their energy transitions.
BNPP has won Top employer Europe award in a 10th consecutive year
What is this position about?
- Candidates will manage a dedicated business analytics team, using data, analytics, and statistical methods to generate insights. The near-term focus is to implement business use cases on the Bank’s Tableau & Posit platforms, by engaging business and IT stakeholders to understand needs, build data models, design visualisation, deploy solution and assist end users to facilitate adoption. He/she will need to oversee activities of the analytics team throughout the analytics lifecycle to ensure that analytics delivers business value and work of high quality
What would be your typical day at BNPP Paribas look like?
- Respond to data analytics demands and queries
- Review progress of team initiatives, support team members
- Carry out analytics eg exploratory data analysis, visualisation, modelling, understand findings, identify actionable insight, communicate proposals
- Engage stakeholders to discuss issues, debate options and decide on solutions
Primary Role Responsibilities
- Leadership Role
- Lead and oversee a team of business analysts
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships within the team
- Coach and mentor members to raise critical skills, competency levels and prepare them for professional growth
- Analytics Role
- Drive analytics activities at all stages of the analytics life-cycle – understanding business needs, defining business questions to be answered, sourcing, cleansing and transforming data, conducting data analysis, explaining analytics findings implications and proposals in business terms
- Engage stakeholders to understand business issues, opportunities and to frame it in a manner that can be analysed and modelled
- Plan and track progress of analytics development activities
- Identify and obtain relevant data, ensure proper data cleansing, transformation and aggregation rules are applied, explained, and documented
- Ensure that statistical and analytics techniques applied are suitable for the issue at hand, and assumptions / constraints of the techniques are clearly understood
- Translate analytics findings and insights into actionable business proposals and activities
- Develop effective communication using data visualisation techniques, data storytelling and presentation best practices
- Present findings and recommendations
- Collaboration Role
- Facilitate individual and team collaboration with internal and external teams
- Ensure internal data & analytics standards are enforced and reviewed for continued relevance
- Support analytics operationalisation, validate relationship between performance and result indicators
What is required for you to succeed?
- 7-10 years of direct experience in leading data analytics teams in a banking environment
- Proven track record of successful execution of data analytics initiatives where development of insights led to improved business performance. Candidate must be able to demonstrate success leading analytics and analytics teams, working with structured / unstructured data, applying statistical & analytics methodology to undercover insights, and explaining & presenting analytics recommendations to non-analytics audiences. Individuals with practical experience applying analytics in sales management, client growth or product portfolio analytics in a private banking domain will have an advantage
- Mastery in usage of R, Python, Tableau Desktop, Prep builder and SQL; experience with Posit (RStudio) Workbench & Connect, and Tableau Server; Proficiency in Microsoft Office and SharePoint collaboration tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – this position requires individuals with exceptional ability to understand business problems, summarise expectations, translate and explain analytical results and recommendations clearly, and precisely in business terms. He/she is expected to interact with numerous stakeholders to aid them in applying data to guide decisions
- Critical thinking & problem solving skills – ability to assess situations, verify facts, reason logically to formulate and propose alternatives
- Interpersonal skills – highly driven and self-motivated, and very comfortable working with senior business executives from cross functional areas, with ability to interact with ease, collaborate with diverse teams, establish rapport and build trust
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Data Science, Data Analytics or Applied Statistics