At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for planning, developing, and managing business line reports presented to Senior Management and Board level Committees; controlling workflow activities and deadlines. The Senior Lead Data Analytics Analyst is responsible for collaborating with senior management to identify data analytics opportunities, designs, and lead in executing key messages and objectives of the reports. Lead the review cycles to ensure timely submission of the Committee Reports to Committee Coordinators.Essential Job Functions
- Creates and develops various Senior Management and Board level reports with multiple or various function focus. Identifies and develops processes and procedures to ensure all reports and supporting documents are completed accurately and within required timeframes.
- Identifies data analytics opportunities, designs, and leads in executing reports in a way to successfully meet the established deadlines.
- Responsible for the overall implementation and maintenance of the BI Infrastructure in coordination with best practices and infrastructure standards.
- Create dashboards, reports and conduct complex adhoc analysis to support Business needs
- Good understanding of ETL processes, Data Warehouse, Data Mart, Business Intelligence reporting infrastructure to ensure performance of the system and security of the data
- Proficient in working with Business Users & converting Business needs into technical requirements
- Expert in Tableau as well as OBIEE for creation of dashboards and RPD
- Expert in SQL, data analysis, and performance tuning. Experience working with Oracle database
- Leads the schedule and workflow for multiple reports. Collaborates directly with subject matter experts to produce, contribute, review, or approve the results.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts to extract, filter, and aggregate data using logical queries and basic programming. Provides guidance in constructing data metrics, statistics, and analyses. Ensures quality reports such as trend analysis is provided through data analyses techniques and presentation materials are generated into established templates and style guides.
- Lead and manage projects and/or small teams to support new initiatives or other automation efforts.
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Masters or Advanced Degree preferred.
“While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we will not sponsor candidates for work visas at this time.”
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Extensive experience using data visualization products like Tableau
- Experience creating dashboards, reports and RPD using OBIEE
- Proven technical ability with a variety of analytic programming and data manipulation tools including SQL, R, Python.
- Understanding of Data Modeling and Architecture
- Deep level of understanding of various relational database design concepts including relational and dimensional
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work effectively with business users and management to achieve business goals
- Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing dynamic environment
- Detail oriented with excellent follow through
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Operations