Senior KYC Officer -PERMANENT
• Head of Due Diligence
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
As part of its mission, ITO - Client Management of BNP Paribas CIB Americas is responsible for performing and securing customers’ due diligence. Client Management - Centre of Excellence in Montreal acts as the nearshored service center for BNP Paribas CIB Americas and consists of Data Officers; Data Controllers; Screeners; Investigators; and Senior KYC Officers who collectively secures the KYC process.
Intervening at the final stages of the KYC due diligence process and working in close coordination with all stakeholders part of the KYC Due Diligence process (including Data Officers; Data Controllers; Screeners; Investigators; Compliance; and Relationship Managers), Senior KYC officer is responsible for ensuring that due diligence on new or existing clients has been conducted in compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies/guidelines.
Performing a factual-based analysis, Senior KYC Officer’s key responsibilities include:
• Ensuring that all data, document and information collected as part of the Due Diligence process are compliant and reliable to determine the final risk level of the client relationship
• Ensuring that the level of due diligence performed is in accordance with the final risk level of the client relationship
• Ensuring that local regulatory requirements pertaining to the KYC case has been fulfilled
• Ensuring that financial security risk triggers are appropriately consulted with Compliance for opinion
• Preparing a memo substantiating the KYC analysis review
• Ensuring that the file is submitted for Relationship Manager’s final sign-off
• Organizing the Client Acceptance Committee (CAC) as appropriate
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
The candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in the financial services sector, with at least 3 years in AML/KYC-related role. The candidate must exemplify at least:
• General knowledge on financial industry and products, including awareness of various types of corporate entities – hedge funds, asset managers, pension funds, limited, private and public companies, holding companies, trusts etc.
• Ability to comprehend and parse and/or interpret complex organizational and corporate structures for ownership percentage, subsidiary breakdown or merger activity
• Experience in a control function (having a control mind-set)
• Knowledge on AML/KYC operational process
• Knowledge on AML/KYC-related regulatory rules, including but not limited to - USA PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act, 3rd European Directive, FCPA, OFAC and related AML regulations
• Knowledge on financial security screening (sanctions, political exposed persons, negative news)
• Knowledge and experience on using database and vendors for KYC (such as Orbis, World-Check, Lexis/Nexis, Dow Jones, Avox, PRIME etc)
• Knowledge on OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) screening requirements
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Strong analytical skills, ability to gain an in depth understanding of complex processes and systems
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills as evidenced by the ability to work effectively with representatives of a diverse range of departments
• Ability to prioritize and work under time pressure
• Client-oriented yet with control mindset
• Quality and result-driven
• Team player willing to accept challenges large and small and meet them under time pressure
• Adaptable, able to multi-task across multiple and varying assignments
• Ability to generate and convey clear and concise status updates to management and stakeholders
• Strong Excel/ Word/ Access / PowerPoint/ presentation building skills (graphs, charts, design)
• Fluency in English is required and working competence in another language (Spanish, Portuguese…) preferred
• Bachelor degree required
• Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), or equivalent, a plus
It is desirable for the candidate to have exposure to investment banking products, including an understanding of their financial characteristics and markets. An appreciation of the key processes, systems and organization structure of an investment bank will also be an asset.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.