In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Within BNP Paribas Hong Kong, the KYC Operations team’s is responsible for the KYC due diligence on the clients of the bank for onboarding or recertification.
The team supports the Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) business which encompasses diverse métiers and products.
The team is responsible for 3 main activities:
1. Execute the onboarding and recertification of clients of the bank in adherence to the Global KYC Policy
2. Align with internal stake holders to provide clarity on the KYC file during such process
3. Provide support on dashboarding, change and data quality management
The responsibilities of this role will be diverse and varying, depending on work required to be actioned.
- Ensure and delivery high standard of quality in the KYC files in adherence to the bank’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure all processes executed during the final overview of the KYC files are delivered per predefined SLA.
- Liaise with Compliance, relationship managers and other senior stake holders for KYC approval.
- Arrange, prepare, document and facilitate CAC/eCAC towards the final approval for the KYC file.
- Ensure timely escalation and own proposed course of actions to line management to address identified risks and blocking points during such processes.
- Develop a good understanding of the overall KYC operations process and act as a subject matter expert to support the team
- Embrace continuous changes and challenges; handle various initiatives and ad-hoc projects as assigned by line management.
- Work in close and continuous collaboration with other team members and stakeholders to achieve predefined objectives and resolve any issues during daily tasks.
- Keep accurate track record of all assigned requests; from receipt through execution of requests.
- Major clients including Corporate Coverages, Commodity Finance, Investment Banking, Transaction Banking, Financial Institutional Coverages, Global Markets products [e.g. Equities, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Commodities Index Trading (CIT), CIT Metals, CIT Repo, and Commodities Futures Trading].
- Participate in various change management initiatives as directed by line manager to deliver changes/quality output with respect to operational processes, policies, data quality, regulatory mandates and the department’s strategies.
- Identify, analyze, report and explore proposed course of actions to line management in relation to production, changes in KYC policy and system issues.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Well-developed interpersonal, problem-solving and influencing skills.
- Exhibit high willingness to collaborate with all levels of the organization.
- Solution driven.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- University graduate, preferably with at least 2 years relevant work experience.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to produce accurate and quality work under tight deadlines and minimal supervision.
- Good understanding of Corporate & Institutional Banking and Global Markets framework under International Financial Groups.
- Good understanding of Due Diligence and local Anti-Money Laundering requirements.
- Working knowledge in relation to Corporate Banking products [e.g. Cash/Deposit, Loan
- Syndication/Agency, Trade Finance, ECM/DCM, etc] and/or Global Markets products [e.g. Equities, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Commodities Index Trading (CIT), CIT Metals, CIT Repo, and Commodities Futures Trading].
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).