Senior Infrastructure Engineer
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Bank of the West is looking for a high energy, adaptive, and passionate team player to aid in support of our banking systems. This is a full time position which will provide Unix and Linux engineering as part of the critical systems inside the data center platform services organization. Rapidly plan, design, implement, upgrade, and support Unix and Linux systems through life cycle management and devops automation.
Essential Job Functions
- Obtains information relative to business requirements in order to design and prepare solution proposal alternatives in line with strategies and best practices.
- Develops and reviews system and network performance results, systems standards, strategies, and workflows.
- Guides the documentation of technical procedures for department use to ensure uniformity of process.
- Leads the coordination of tasks associated with repairs or installations.
- Diagnoses and provides solutions to problems clients are experiencing. High-level escalation point for problem resolution.
- Maintains technical quality in operating environments through the monitoring and development of advanced solutions.
- Installs system hardware and software, ensures proper performance and stabilizes systems.
- Evaluates techniques, develops recommendations and performs testing and certifications.
- Prepares reports and follow-up and evaluates results.
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory environment and compliance related issues.
- Interfaces with vendors and servicing agents to obtain equipment and services.
- Advanced knowledge of datacenter design and operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
• RHEL certified a plus
• Experience with OpenShift, Docker, and Kubernetes desired
• Strong written and communication skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Exerience with SAN, NAS, Vmware, and IP networking
• Expert knowledge in Red Hat Linux, AIX, and Solaris in virtual environments
• Automation via scripting BASH, KSH, Perl, Python
• Assist in troubleshooting and solving common software problems as they relate to assigned systems.
• Candidate should be able to work independently and self-manage.
• Participate in application installations and upgrades, including regression testing of new releases and impact analysis to ensure stability and data integrity pre- and post-release
• Some after-hours and weekend on-call support will be required.
• Bachelor degree in CIS or equivalent Linux engineering experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.