In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
* excluding partnerships
The Senior Manager has the responsibilities to lead and manage a small team, also acts as Local Business Partner to support Front Office at the country level and provides, in his/her expertise, value added HR advise to help the teams to meet its strategic business and HR objectives.
The coverage will extend to regional HR support as and when required by Regional Business Partner for BAU Cycle.
- Act as strategic and trusted HR business partner to your assigned client group by providing HR advice and support.
- Implement Group and local HR policies within areas of responsibility and demonstrate understanding of business priorities and opportunities for HR contribution.
- Act as an ambassador to new HR tool, “About Me” and be the HR expertise of “About Me” for your own business portfolio(s).
- Ensure the implementation of Respect for Colleagues.
- Uphold the highest ethical standard and provide advice to the businesses you support to ensure they are compliant when dealing with people related matters aligned with our culture and promoting the BNP Paribas Way.
- Partner closely with HR Specialist in areas of Compensation and Benefits, Global Mobility, Talent Acquisition, HR Solutions, and Learning and Development.
- Act as a change agent and key enabler to support various HR projects and programs to drive and deliver our HR2025 agenda.
- Work with the Business Line to meet their strategic resourcing needs.
- Work with Talent Acquisition team to manage recruitment within designated recruitment tool.
- Identify recruitment agencies and ensure that terms of business are in place governing their engagements which are compliant with local regulations.
- Manage required approvals within the APAC Delegations process.
- Conduct regular career development interviews with identified staff and complete feedback record after each meeting.
- Identify and support the initiatives of the APAC talent program, succession planning, and the graduate and internship programs.
- Facilitate internal mobility, adhering to the APAC Mobility Policy
- Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct to adhere with the highest standards of ethics.
- Handle employee relations and performance management issues, applying appropriate BNPP policies and guidelines and escalating cases when necessary.
- Collaborate with your L&D partner to support managers on training needs analysis to identify and provide training solutions to employees.
- Support the year end performance management and compensation process, working closely with your regional HR Business partner and Compensation and Benefits partner during the annual performance and pay review salary and bonus cycle.
- Actively participate in the annual job matching exercise and regularly conduct compensation analysis to highlight key areas of concern in assigned business group(s).
- Contribute to the Operational Permanent Control Framework and reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to all Bank’s Policies & Procedure.
- Comply with all mandatory eLearning requirements.
- Comprehensive understanding of Hong Kong Employment Law and local regulation.
- Sound understanding of the Business Line or Function(s) supported.
- Analytical skills, ability to assess people and situations objectively.
- High attention to detail and accuracy with numbers.
- Ethical, discreet with Collaborative and Inclusive Mindset.
- Active listener and Client-focused.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English.
- Ability to manage change and embrace digital mindset and capabilities to drive HR digitalization journey.
- Ability to influence and coach managers and employees.
- Undergraduate degree (minimum) preferred
- Experience using relevant HR systems advantageous (PeopleSoft, Taleo)
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- 10-15 years HR experience, preferably in managing front office populations
- Fluent in English (Written and spoken) and Cantonese speaking
- Other relevant language skills advantageous
- Understanding of HR processes and procedures