Senior Full Stack Java Developer PB
Senior Developer- Global Markets Execution and Financing / Inventory Management
The Bank – BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas has a presence in 75 countries with more than 185,000 employees, including 145,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Bank is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. With nearly 20,000 employees in over 45 countries, CIB can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realize their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe, but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
BNP Paribas India Solution Pvt Ltd
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group. With two delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a 24x7 global delivery center. It services the two business lines of BNP Paribas:
a) Corporate & Institutional Banking: This provides a full range of solutions tailored to the needs of two client franchises: corporate and institutional investors.
b) Retail Banking & Services: This consists of the Group’s retail banking networks and the specialized financial services.
The Global Markets business of BNP Paribas helps its corporate and institutional clients leverage capital markets across the globe for their financing, risk management and investment needs. This encompasses a wide range of financial products ranging from Foreign exchange to complex Equity Derivatives that are traded in financial markets across the globe 24/7. IT systems are integral to the business and are a key part of the value proposition to clients. These IT systems range from industry standard products for standard process automation to internally developed, often, market leading IT applications. The IT teams owning these IT systems are made up of functions that include Technical and Application production support, Business Analysis & Project Management, Development & Maintenance and Quality Control. BNP Paribas India Solutions is an equal partner in these IT functions along with colleagues in other locations including Paris, London, New York, Tokyo, Singapore & Hong Kong. This partnership ranges from sharing the IT work load, executing global strategy to owning global applications offshore. The technology and engineering landscape is wide, encompassing almost all techniques and platforms. It continues to evolve and transform with the market with the business continuing to invest in it.
Eagle is a swap booking application for the PB Clients. The application generates resets for the entire duration of the swap and facilitates the users with different operations like new bookings, unwinds, cancellations that they would like to perform. It also interacts with various downstream systems in the eco system to aid cash settlement, reporting and reconciliation processes.
Result oriented software engineer with 4 to 7 years of experience. Can work independently with high quality and within timelines. The candidate should be technically inclined and with proven skills in the latest development stack.
Roles and responsibilities:
1. Application development / support / enhancements / bug-fixing.
2. Demonstrate Good understanding of the Functional aspects of the application
3. Prepare high quality test plans and conduct the tests at Unit and Functional level
4. Conduct Integration tests as required
5. Conduct Regressions tests as required
6. Reporting progress to the Team Lead.
7. Escalation of problems to local Team Lead / management
8. Ensuring that the project and organization standards are followed during various phases of software development life-cycle and day to day development work.
9. Maintain administration tasks; i.e. Jira to record progress against tasks, Wiki for documentation..
10. Meeting deadlines deliverables. Keeping Team Lead appraised of issues that affect the project and the deliverables of the project
Educational Qualifications : B.E / B. Tech or equivalent.
Work experience (in years): At least 5 years of professional software development experience.
Mandatory Technical Skills
- Java 8
- Database exposure
- Web services
- Spring, Spring Boot, Spring MVC
Nice to have:
- Maven / Jenkins
Mandatory Soft Skills
- Structured, organised and a good communicator.
- Delivery-focused with a good eye for detail.
- Comfortable working with the offshore teams in a multi diversity environment.
- Willing to share knowledge and skills with other team members whilst able to work independently.