Development Manager - Frontend
At Bank of
the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing
where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women
entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting
programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of
the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives,
and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader
supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but
as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the
ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and
Job Description Summary
Responsible for directing the functional activities of assigned staff including technical design, product evaluations, and project management. Provides management with direction and leadership in technical areas. Provides advice and counsel to management concerning the application of computing techniques to business problems. Assigned area(s) of responsibility are activities of high complexity and impact.
- Building successful frontend teams
- Digital domain expertise and internet development
- Customer experience and branding strategy
- Strength/Expertise in user experience (UI/UX)
- Enterprise web design and development, software development
- Architect and launch front-end mobile web site using device dependent CSS layout switching
- Collaborate with senior leadership to define requirements and build projects that achieve or exceed corporate goals
- Supports training and professional development for staff members as needed to perform job duties
- May conduct vendor negotiations and develop contract proposals.
- Manages employees directly, through subordinates and occasionally other managers.
- Establishes performance goals, allocates resources, assesses annual performance and recommends individual merit and promotional increases.
- Maintains professional contacts with other companies, research bodies and equipment manufacturers concerning computer applications and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad management knowledge to lead project teams in one department.
- Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Requires 10-12 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Enterprise web design and development
- Proven track record in building/innovating digital and mobile Customer Experience
- Strong background in Digital and Mobile domains
- Software development (agile and SCRUM implementer)
- Team builder, motivator and driver
- Extensive background in search-engine optimization, web analytics, user experience, mobile and tablet development.
- User experience (UI/UX), web design and development, product development/management and project management
- Building/Improving/Evangelizing brand identity, online advertising, IT architecture, web analytics, business intelligence, email marketing, mobile web development, social media and content management systems (CMS)
- Bachelor's Degree
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.