At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for representing Bank of the West Wealth Management Group in its fiduciary capacity as Trustee, Executor or Agent under various forms of agreement. Has responsibility for the overall administration of assigned employee benefit (both pension and profit sharing) trust accounts or personal trust accounts. Assigned accounts are generally of a varied mix and of a complex nature.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Administers assigned accounts in accordance with the terms specified in the trust instrument.
- Resolves problems with assigned accounts as well as assisting others in account administration.
- Ensures assigned accounts are in compliance with bank audit and security standards, policies and procedures.
- May manage personal trust accounts of special significance according to instructions of principals, donors and descendants by fulfilling requests for distributions, answering questions, providing tax information, setting investment objectives and acting as probate administrator.
- Maintains contacts with customers to discuss and advise on problems, explain terms and specifications of the will and/or trust, and to arrange for payments acceptable under the terms of the trust.
- Sets up estates, trusts, agency accounts and guardianships as assigned.
- Provides consulting advice to clients and/or companies concerning the design and administration of pension and/or profit sharing plans or the administration of complex personal trusts.
- Assists in the development, installation, and administration of each plan, providing such services as disbursing payments to employees or retirees included in the plans.
- Recommends to the Regional Trust Administration Committee the appropriate course of action on non-routine matters.
- Participates in the development of new business from existing or prospective customers and cross-selling opportunities within the bank..
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Complete knowledge of estates, trusts, agency accounts, and guardianships including legal, financial and tax issues.
- Complete knowledge of employee benefits trust such as pension and profit sharing.
- Analytical and research.
- Bank product and service knowledge.
- Compose letters/memoranda.
- Coordinate meetings.
- Negotiation skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Written and verbal communication.
- Use of personal computer.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-OmahaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Trust