Senior Facility Regional Manager
Job Description Summary
This is an exciting time to be a part of the real estate team at Bank of the West. We are challenging the status quo and leading change by modernizing the workplace for our teammates and developing new retail environments to support the best brand experience for our customers.
This is a key role overseeing retail and office locations within our Southern California region reporting to the Senior Real Estate Manager based in San Francisco. This individual will manage a team of facility managers responsible for providing multiple corporate real estate services to accomplish our organizational goals. Services include: project planning and execution, facility operations and maintenance, location decision analysis, interior design, brand integration, procurement, employee and customer welfare, cultural change management, and occupancy planning.
This role will be accountable for partnering with our internal teammates in leasing, design, marketing and communications, IT, telecom, security, procurement, and business unit liaisons to develop and execute plans that optimize our physical footprint and further integrate our culture. This role will act as the primary point of contact and escalation point for day-to-day issues stemming from facility operations and related projects.
The successful candidate should have proven experience delivering retail and office construction projects to meet annual maintenance and capital plan goals, driving for decisions, and managing others.
The candidate should also possess a strong interest in developing and implementing process improvements and focusing on the employee experience when managing change.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and execute an annual capital plan comprised of new branches, renovations, consolidations, infrastructure, ATM, ADA, and office tenant improvements.
- Provide technical support such as, project budgeting and scheduling, work letter development, design team management, contractor selection and management, financial management including cash flows, and monthly reports.
- Assist in the procurement and contracting process as necessary for each project. Develop relationships with service providers and evaluate their performance.
- Ensure proper maintenance of bank facilities to ensure compliance with government safety regulations and industry standards. Ensure internal processes are sufficient to ensure all proper documentation is archived.
- Develop and analyze scenarios regarding operational needs and financial commitments for assigned locations and recommend implementation plans that best suit near and long term goals.
- Drive change with an emphasis on employee experience; build rapport and buy-in across a wide range of stakeholders at multiple organizational levels.
- Assist in training and developing team members in the skills and understanding of Bank of the West procedures, methodology and practices expected for a successful project implementation.
- Act as a trusted advisor and participate in defining solutions that align business unit expectations with corporate objectives
- Assist in the identification and development of new processes to facilitate a growing level of efficiency in the delivery and maintenance of real estate to the internal customer.
- Develop and maintain a quarterly resource capacity plan to accommodate planned and unplanned work requests.
- Act as a liaison and mediator for Landlord performance issues that may arise.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience in construction project management, preferably with accountability for leading retail and/or back-office projects.
- A minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience in a project management capacity especially experience in leading, motivating, and developing employees.
- Firm understanding of project management and/or Agile methodology.
- A general knowledge of green construction and project management office (PMO) fundamentals is preferred.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or a closely related field.
- Completion of one or more relevant professional certifications such as Project Management Professional (PMP), Facility Management Professional (FMP), or Certified Facility Manager (CFM) preferred.
- Proficiency in the use and application of Outlook, Excel, Word, Acrobat, Project, and PowerPoint technology.
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to travel to multiple locations to conduct facility inspections and oversee project progress
- General knowledge of business continuity and emergency response protocols
- Excellent organizational, project/program management skills with proven experience driving large, dynamic programs with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to demonstrate high energy for the business, ability to energize others, and the willingness to take risks and make tough decisions.
- Conduct meetings to communicate expectations, project roles, status updates, track open issues, and work with all groups to resolve issues as required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.