BNP Paribas Overview
BNP Paribas has a presence in 75 countries with more than 185,000 employees, including 145,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Bank is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 45 countries, CIB can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realize their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
The UK CIB HR Department supports CIB staff and managers in London, providing them with a full range of strategic advisory and transactional services (in terms of payroll, reward, pension and benefits, recruitment, career management, learning & development and employee relations). In regular contact with the Group HR Department of BNP Paribas S.A. (headquartered in Paris), CIB HR is the entry point for all CIB employees on any HR issue. The team in London comprises of circa 60 HR professionals.
There are currently UK HR Business Partners each covering their own specific business/function and HR Advisors who are responsible for small businesses/functions but also focus on supporting the UK HR Business Partners.
The senior employee relations role has recently become available to provide ER support for CIB London, alongside an ER Administrative advisor. The requirement of the role is to provide technical employee relations advice to support the offering provided by the HR Business Partners and the HR Generalists.
Overall Job Purpose
Providing practical and strategic advice on the full range of ER matters and delivery of a broad ER agenda for CIB London.
• Provide high-quality support and advice, ensuring the effective management of ER-related risks (legal, financial and reputational) for employee relations issues e.g. disciplinary, grievances, litigation case management, restructures/ re-organisations, performance management etc. In particular the role requires front line management of all disciplinary and redundancy exercises
• Interface with business groups throughout London, directly and via HR Business Partners
• Design, maintenance and implementation of ER strategy, policies and activities, aligned with commercial and HR functional requirements
• Provide commercial and proactive HR consultancy advice to business heads and HR business partners, and facilitate delivery of HR solutions via other specialist functions as required
• Preparation and review of key HR documents, including employment agreements and offer letters, consultancy agreements and settlement agreements
• Working closely with European Resourcing, Reward and Benefits colleagues in relation to hiring as required (including contract issues, employment and FCA regulatory policy considerations), existing employees and BNP Paribas London Branch’s remuneration structure generally
• Provide support to individuals and business managers to interpret ER policy
• Project management including key advisory and ER work-stream management for any restructuring/ acquisitions/disposals/outsourcing/insourcing/off-shoring
• Ensuring ER requirements are pro-actively met and managed in annual risk management processes such as legal obligations and annual contract and policy reviews
• Delivery of specialist training to HR/management when required
• Visible role in promoting appropriate workplace behaviour, equality and diversity agenda and initiatives
• Maintaining relationships with 3rd party service providers such training providers
• Ensure accurate and high quality reporting of ER delivery and issues
• Assist Head of HR in communicating with the Information and Consultation Committee
• Actively stay current with employment law and HR knowledge, attend appropriate seminars and participate in team knowledge development meetings
• Manage and get involved with HR projects on an ad-hoc basis
Skills & Qualifications
• Relevant experience in UK employment law and/or UK employee relations in a fast-paced business environment, preferably with material exposure to working in or advising in the international banking environment
• Knowledge of UK employment law, supported by academic or professional qualifications
• Strong drafting skills
• Strong communication skills
• Initiative, solutions focused with a strong service/client orientation
• Ability to show good judgment to balance commerciality with risk management
• Flexibility in style and approach to assist the business to achieve their strategy
• Sensitivity and diplomacy, highest level of integrity and confidentiality
• Ability to gain credibility and trust with all levels of employees including senior management
• Ability to deal with deadlines and time pressure, and maintain attention to detail
• Supervisory experience preferred but not essential
Primary Location: GB-ENG-LondonJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: HUMAN RESOURCESEducation Level: Not indicatedSchedule: Full-time
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / Teamwork, Decision Making, Attention to detail / rigor, Organizational skills, Adaptability, Proactivity, Client focused, Ability to share / pass on knowledge, Critical thinking, Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving, Resilience, Communication skills - oral & writtenTransversal competency: Ability to understand, explain and support change, Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment, Ability to develop and adapt a process