Senior Data Strategist
The goal of the Senior Data Strategist will be to create the strategic vision and roadmap for the data initiatives, providing expert-level leadership and strategic direction for all AI/ML related projects. He / she will also be in charge of coordinating at local level initiatives launched by Headquarters.
This role will translate the data science strategy into a tactical plan and will lead the implementation of the initiatives, serving numerous business units and organizational functions.
Therefore, the candidate must be a proven data science leader, with hands-on experience in data science and machine learning methods, experience in building top-performing data science teams, and the ability to connect analytics to business impact.
· Work with leadership to define the data science and AI/ML strategy
· Work with different product and business units, helping them develop data-based products, and deriving actionable insights from data. Collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders to gather and understand needs and requirements
· Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development. Natural inclination for sharing findings and engaging in problem-solving with teammates, helping them with their challenges, and asking for their help when needed
· Design and implement robust analytic solutions ranging from basic statistical analysis to advanced machine learning / artificial intelligence algorithms to cover the identified needs
· Use communication skills to share the results of the analyses with all relevant parties. Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams. Create and deliver written reports with the findings, formulate recommendations, and effectively present the conclusions to analytic and non-analytic audiences. Represent the findings in the most convenient format for their effective consumption by internal and external customers
· 5+ years of experience in analytics, data science, business intelligence, data quality, machine learning, or data management. Experience in Consulting is valued.
· 5+ years of managing a data science team. Experience in leading and building a data teams
· Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
· Knowledge of advanced statistical and data mining techniques and concepts (GLM/Regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.)
· Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques/algorithms (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
· Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, Spark, SAS, Tensor Flow, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
· Experience in visualization tools and libraries (Tableau, Qlik Sense, Shiny, Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, etc)
· Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
· Fluent in English (mandatory)