At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
As Sr.Data Security Admin you will working with Bank of The West Engineering and Operation teams to primarily focus on securing databases and their multifarious interfaces against unauthorized access. This position is expected to be a point of contact for routine data security policy reviews and best practices of setting up new database accounts, increasing or reducing permissions for existing accounts, or managing user information and roles. Responsible for briefing department heads or other employees on current or emerging information security threats, help create security policies, enforce and verify for databases. Recommend architectural changes, upgrades, patches, and other modifications required to keep the databases (Oracle/SQL server/Big Data) up-to-date to guard against sophisticated cyber-attacks. Also, should work closely with development team, and the infrastructure teams in maintaining a reliable environment around systems hardware and operating systems server software.
• Design, architect, and build databases based application systems from business requirements to planning and deploying test and production systems that are completely available, scalable and highly securable
• Review data security matters for operational DBA duties which will include installation, database upgrades, patching, environment cloning, implementing backup/recovery and monitoring procedures, capacity planning and site failover/switchover.
• Interface with clients, network, hardware and system operations teams to resolve data security problems with application/database systems in a timely manner.
• Follow change management process and participate in related meetings.
• Create and maintain database/application architecture and standards following Databases (Oracle/SQL Server/Big Data) Best security practices for physical structures, logical databases, user management.
• Act as a database project leader for critical, time driven, visible projects, if needed.
• Integrate/collaborate with application development and support teams on various IT projects' database security matters.
• Provide thought leadership and assist in setting strategic direction for Database, infrastructure and technology
• Provide off hours support and maintenance as required, part of the 24x7 operations support on call rotations
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent practical experience.
• 5-10 years of experience administering medium- to large-scale mission-critical enterprise databases (Oracle/SQL Server) in multi-terabyte environments.
• Scripting experience - Powershell, Unix/Linux shell scripting, Perl, or Python.
• Experience with Oracle security features - TDE, Advance security, Key Vault, Database Vault, and Database Firewall
• Experience with SQL Server security features - TDE, Dynamic Data Masking, row-level security.
• Knowledge of Imperva Database security or similar tools to look for unusual or suspicious activity, and interpret and make recommendations for resolution
• Strong understanding of key compliance regulations (GLBA/PCI), financial and IT risk management and mitigation controls.
• Extensive Understanding of Active Directory, Data Protection tools, Identity Management, Single Sign On, network controls such as Firewalls, ACL and Proxies.
• Proficiency working with Windows, Unix/Linux platforms with concrete knowledge of system administration/internals.
• Able to compare and contrast alternative security approaches and methodologies to select the best method while meeting business objectives.
• Good technical leadership and communications skills, team player, and ability to work under pressure.
• Performing Enterprise wide Database Upgrade and Migrations projects. Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.