Senior Data Scientist – m/f/x – Enabler
Want to help shape the bank of tomorrow today?
At the bank for a changing world, our employees make change their greatest asset, turning challenges into opportunities. They think ahead to offer our customers creative solutions which are perfectly suited to their needs. At BNP Paribas Fortis, the country’s number one bank, employees enjoy ongoing career growth in a meaningful, rewarding and flexible working environment.
The A&AI tribe (Analytics & Artificial Intelligence) has the objective of transforming data into valuable information to improve business. We are looking for someone with a strong understanding of the challenges related to this field to join our team.
The A& AI tribe is looking for a Senior Data Scientist (seniority rhymes with knowledge and experience) with a proven track record in the field of Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence and innovation. As a Data Scientist, you will have the opportunity to apply and develop your skills in several domains:
- Address diversified business problems like credit card fraud detection, targeted marketing, money-laundering detection, price optimisation, text categorisation and more, all across different business lines such as Fraud, Risk, Human Resources Management, Operations and Marketing
- Work with diverse analytical methodologies, including statistical/machine learning, forecasting, survival analysis, optimisation, text mining, process mining, graph analysis, big data algorithms and technologies, social media analysis, spatial analysis, recommendation systems, web analytics and so on (we don’t expect you to be an expert in all of them, but rather that you have strong core expertise and the ability to learn new stuff when needed).
- Communicate the fruits of your work directly to the top management.
- Access one of the richest volumes of varied data in the market and apply your skills to it.
- Evolve in an environment where innovation and lean processes are praised, straight-forward communication is encouraged, and peers understand the meaning of team up.
- Work with a team of colleagues who are ready to collaborate and to share their experience.
· You take pride in the following knowledge and experience that you have already acquired, which are indispensable for this role. Requirements for this function:
· You have at least a Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline, such as statistics, mathematics or engineering (a PhD is considered an advantage). Candidates with other academic backgrounds with substantial knowledge of analytics and Machine Learning Techniques are also encouraged to apply.
· You have at least 5 years of relevant experience in Data Analytics and AI, ideally, but not necessarily, in the financial sector (less experience will be accepted if your academic credentials compensate for lack of professional experience).
· You have fluent knowledge of English and a good level of French and/or Dutch.
· You are proficient in some of the programming languages that are used in Data Science, such as R or Python, both in a single server setup as well as in a distributed setup (e.g. with Spark).
· Deeper expertise in either text analytics or distributed computing (clusters, NoSQL databases, Spark) is considered a strong plus.
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values. At BNP Paribas Fortis, we want to attract and retain women and men of all ages, from all backgrounds, each with her or his own experience. We truly believe that diversity increases performance and creativity. All our offers for full-time positions are also available for 90% or 80% full-time equivalent.
We believe that our evolution is driven and inspired by our employees. In return, we aim to provide optimal working conditions that enable you to develop on both a professional and personal level. We offer a challenging working environment in which you are going to have a real impact within our company. You can actively shape your benefit package to respond to your individual needs.
Passionate about this role? Do not hesitate to apply online: we’d love to hear from you!