Senior Data Modeler - Brussels - Datahub Tribe
Want to work with us to help the shift towards a more sustainable world?
As part of the Data department, the Data Hub tribe is working closely with all the other departments of the Bank and plays a major role in :
- providing business intelligence reporting and analysis services and maintaining the related assets:
- for all the bank’s business lines and functions such as Retail & Private Banking, Corporate Banking, Finance, Risk, Compliance, Human Resources Management, Security, Easy Banking Application, Easy Banking Business.
- for all product-related domains such as Payments, Credits, Invest, Cash, Cards & Accounts, Shared Service Centre Cost and Accounting.
- for regulatory reporting like FATCA/AEOI, PSD2,Mifid, …
- providing prepared and well designed – Enterprise Data Model (EDM) compliant – data stores to be consumed by eg API’s, reportings, analytics.
- knowing our – mostly internal - clients and always ready to help them or introduce them to new services. This happens in collaboration with transversal teams, following standard Tribe guidelines in terms of methods and approach.
- providing raw as well as prepared data pipe lines to support ad hoc as well as industrialised advanced analytics
- respecting the data protection rules and managing carefully the risks: we collect and process important data in the name of our clients.
- providing state of the art data management guaranteeing compliant, secured, well documented and governed data assets, tools and platforms
We are looking for a senior data modeler who will be a key contributor in preparing and making data available in a safe and secure manner for multiple usages by Businesses and Functions and for multiple purposes such as reporting, analytics, visualization, API, …
- You establish, improve and deploy modeling standard & guidelines for the whole Data Hub tribe by coaching and assisting the data engineers in the usage of these S&G.
- You will assess on a regular basis the data models on the correct application of the rules/guidelines/standards by the data engineers. This involves a close collaboration with the data architects and data managers and a detailed knowledge of the BNP Paribas Fortis standards.
- You will create awareness on data modeling by promoting techniques that make sense via chapter meetings or by giving trainings to functional and technical data engineers
- You will act as a DBA in the NON-PROD environment by supporting the technical data engineers in the preparation , in the validation and in the execution of the ORACLE scripts. Also support the data engineers in optimizing performance on existing databases.
- You follow and develop yourself in the recent IT-and DATA evolutions (internal and external) and propose innovative data solutions that can help improve business activities.
Highlight your strengths
- You are client focused and transform client wishes into documented solutions. You listen to the customer and you co-create adequate solutions for his needs. You take a proactive approach, tackling problems immediately. You are result oriented and a problem solver.
- You have a very good knowledge and at least five years’ experience on data management, data processing, data modeling. You have a deep understanding of conceptual, logical and physical data modeling. You are able to design and develop good practices for Business Intelligence applications.
- You have an Agile mindset: you are a team player, you like to share your knowledge, you learn and adapt fast. You are open to give and receive constructive feedback and inspire accordingly.
- You don’t hesitate to contribute cross-functional projects, outside of the boundaries of your primary role. You can manage your time efficiently and set-up priorities.
- You like to take E2E ownership of the activities you are carrying out.
- You have an excellent knowledge of English and preferably speak proficient on of the following languages: French or Dutch.
- You have at least 5 years of experience with data in any of the financial domain (product related, business related). Having a significant experience in Big Data technologies and platforms is an advantage.
- You have practical experience with Datavault modeling. You are familiar with Powerdesigner or any other modeling tool.
Tempted by the challenge?
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values for well-being and team performance. At BNP Paribas Fortis, we want to attract and retain all talent, whatever their gender, age, background or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether they are living with a disability, as every person has their own experiences and their own identity. Together, let's build the innovative, responsible and sustainable bank of tomorrow. All of our full-time vacancies are also open to candidates wishing to work on an 80% or 90% full-time equivalent basis.
Interested in this function? Do not hesitate to apply online.