Data Insight Analyst
Location – Swindon (HYBRID)
About the role
As a Data Insight Analyst you will be joining an experienced and established team based within the Swindon. Your goal is to turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
You will be responsible for developing and delivering insightful information to support the business and its customers to achieve their data strategies. You are able to offer fresh and exciting ways to present data in a way that is clear and impactful. Help to shape the team, implementing disciplines such as development standards, implementation approach, agile working and supporting the team through their learning pathway.
You will be able to;
- Work with internal and external stakeholders and see things from their perspective. Ensuring you are able to take account of both the bigger picture, the customers market and business strategy and their long/short term goals, and the granular low level detail, including intricacies of the customers’ data and specific problems they face.
- Identify and asses opportunities for new data sources, dashboards, features and integrations.
- Own the delivery of insight and business intelligence across the business, making recommendations and implementing improvements to current business practice.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Customer/Operational data available to maximise the benefit of insight over product reporting.
- Builds a strong network – including the IT/Development teams, DAQUIP/Data Strategy and stakeholders across the business.
- Promotes the data strategy across our business, supporting with the cultural changes needed to implement & maintain the strategy.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the data & reporting, systems, landscape and architecture.
- Translate requirements into the logic required for new developments.
- Liaise with development teams for software & application changes.
- Continuously improve the quality, timeliness and value of our insight.
- Create data visualisations to deliver compelling information.
- Uses Agile methodology to manage deliverables of new dashboards/data products.
- Use of SQL to support with analysis
As a confident and effective communicator, you will run workshops with stakeholders to understand the scope. As a Data Insight Analyst you will set the standard for the team, autonomously managing your workload and be able to step in and help support the team, recognising when support and guidance is needed.
Key areas of Ambiguity, Authority and Autonomy;
- Ownership and accountability of quality of outputs – Dashboards & Data Products.
- Pro-active analysis to pre-empt emerging issues through insights.
- Self-starting individual with capability to complete complex independent learning.
- Build relationships with wider business teams to understand insight opportunities.
- Analytical skills and ability to problem solve are key requirements for this role.
- Can offer creative solutions to complex scenarios.
- Knowledge of how our business operates and interacts with customers, suppliers and partners.
- A strong knowledge of the Arval application landscape - Ability to understand the data and system architecture & use/translate this to provide insights.
- Experience of working with Tableau and/or SAS Viya is a distinct advantage
Pay Zone Level B1 with a starting salary of upto £32,000, plus fantastic benefits.
We operate a hybrid working option, this gives you up to 2 days working from home per week; You will be eligible, once training is complete and you are fully competent in the role. We are a family-friendly employer with a culture based on trust, autonomy and flexibility and believe everyone has a voice and the opportunity to make an impact.
You will also enjoy the outstanding benefits including;
- Private Healthcare (AXA PPP)
- Life Assurance
- Company Pension scheme
- A range of personal flexible benefits
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free Parking and Gym onsite
- Access to great discounts on our products and services
- To celebrate your 1st year you can enjoy a ½ holiday or a £75 Love2Shop voucher
- Paid eye tests and £50 towards your lenses
- Fantastic onsite café
- Volunteering days
- Charity Fundraising
Culturally, we are a friendly bunch - more human, than corporate. We expect a lot but know that works both ways so offer our Journey Makers all the support they need. Going forward this will include a flexible approach with split office/ home working options too. When we are back in, you will find our offices inviting, relaxed and refreshing.
Successful applicants will be contacted by the recruitment professionals at ARVAL initially.
If this opportunity sounds like the challenge you are looking for then we would love to hear from you.