Data Engineer – m/f/x
DATA Engineer – m/f/x – [Digital –Business and customer centric – DATA]
You are passionate about Data, you are proactive and eager to learn, you know what it means to work in an Agile mode, and you want to join one of the key players within the banking sector? We look to strengthen our data engineering teams.
Within the Data Department, the Data Hub tribe is looking for several motivated & proactive junior and senior DATA Engineers. You are a young graduate or you have a solid relevant experience in requirement gathering and analysis, in solution design and Data modeling, capturing, feeding, enhancing, reporting, visualization?
We will give you the opportunity to apply and develop your skills serving several of our internal customers to support fact based decision-making as well as improve business actions, throughout the whole Bank.
What do we do?
As part of the Data department, the Data Hub tribe is working closely with all the other departments of the Bank and plays a major role in :
- providing business intelligence reporting and analysis services and maintaining the related assets:
- for all the bank’s business lines and functions such as Retail & Private Banking, Corporate Banking, Finance, Risk, Compliance, Human Resources Management, Security, Easy Banking Application, Easy Banking Business.
- for all product-related domains such as Payments, Credits, Invest, Cash, Cards & Accounts, Shared Service Centre Cost and Accounting.
- for regulatory reporting like FATCA/AEOI, PSD2,Mifid, …
- providing prepared and well designed – Enterprise Data Model (EDM) compliant – data stores to be consumed by eg API’s, reportings, analytics.
- knowing our – mostly internal - clients and always ready to help them or introduce them to new services. This happens in collaboration with transversal teams, following standard Tribe guidelines in terms of methods and approach.
- providing raw as well as prepared data pipe lines to support ad hoc as well as industrialised advanced analytics
- respecting the data protection rules and managing carefully the risks: we collect and process important data in the name of our clients.
- providing state of the art data management guaranteeing compliant, secured, well documented and governed data assets, tools and platforms
Your future job
As DATA Engineer, you are a key contributor in preparing and making data available in a safe and secure manner, for multiple usages by Businesses and Functions, and for multiple purposes : reporting, analytics visualization, API.
You contribute to the productivity of all Data Consumers by delivering well designed and running Data Assets, to be used at various levels: for specific local needs and usages, bank-wide for global usage, or within a specific Business or Function.
You focus on the functional design of the solutions to be built and/or to be integrated in the existing ecosystem, ensuring that the solution will be in line with company standards concerning quality and performance, and resource usage.
You elaborate and document the chosen solution, translate the functional requirements in technical requirements.
You follow up the development and testing to ensure coherence between the functional specifications and the developed solution.
You are open for T-shaping, supporting flexible engaging on the different tasks to be handled within the squad and tribe.
You actively contribute to maintaining and improving the standards, guidelines and good practices on data engineering. You coach more junior profiles and you like to share your experiences and good practices within the chapter of data engineers.
Highlight your strengths
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in IT (Informatica, Computer or industrial engineering), in business administration or equivalent by experience (> 5 years).
- You have an excellent knowledge of English and preferably speak fluent one of the following languages: French or Dutch.
- Having a first experience with data in any of the relevant data domains of the bank (product related, business related) and/or in Big Data technologies and platforms is an advantage, but not mandatory.
- You have a good knowledge of data modelling, structuring and sound data management. In this context, you are able to design and develop good practices for Business Intelligence and Big Data
- You have an Agile mindset; you are a team player, you like sharing your knowledge, you learn and adapt fast. You are open to give and receive constructive feedback and inspire accordingly. You don’t hesitate to contribute to cross-functional projects, outside of the boundaries of your primary role. You can manage your time efficiently and set up priorities.
- You are client focused and transform client wishes into documented solutions. You listen to the customer and you co-create adequate solutions for his needs together. You take a proactive approach, tackling problems immediately. You also inspire motivation and positivity. You are result oriented, a problem solver.
Your future workplace
By choosing us, you get
- Excellent opportunities to develop, personally and professionally, and spread your wings.
- A permanent contract and an attractive pay package.
- A position in a responsible, socially engaged organisation where diversity and inclusion are the standard.
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values for team well-being and performance. At BNP Paribas Fortis, we want to welcome and retain all talents, regardless of gender, age, origin or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity. Together, let's build the bank of tomorrow: innovative, responsible and sustainable. All of our full-time vacancies are also open to candidates wishing to work 80% or 90%.
Choose BNP Paribas Fortis now and apply here.
We will make our first selections on the basis of your CV and letter of motivation. Are you the candidate we’re looking for? Then you’re sure to hear from us. Good luck!