Senior Customer Experience Designer
About Bank of the West:
We are focused on the positive impact we can make in the world. The world is changing, and we're transforming to meet those changes. There’s no slower word in the English language than "progress". We need change now — not incremental change for the distant future. By making tough but necessary choices about what we fund (and what we no longer fund) we are accelerating important transitions in energy, employment equality and social programs that we believe will have a positive impact. We’re anti-waiting, pro action, and that’s how real change happens.
About the role:
You will lead or be part of a team involved with developing the strategy, planning and initiating customer experience projects designed to elevate and differentiate the Bank of the West customer experience. We are a lean team, so your work will range from big thinking to digging into the details. You’ll always be advocating for the customer, examining our customer’s journeys, touchpoints so we can improve, sustain and standardize experiences. You will use customer insights to help inform decisions to improve our customer’s experiences. We want our customer experience to be a North Star for others including our prospective customers and the CX community. The perfect candidate will be a Senior Service Designer with killer Product and Project Mgmt sense with a passion for delivering high quality experiences to customers and employees.out Bank of the West:
We are focused on the positive impact we can make in the world.
- Envision, define and deliver customer experiences, leading multi-disciplined teams to advocate and drive from concept to pilot and transitioning effectively to ensure a smooth in-market execution
- Design and articulate the current and ideal customer and employee experiences. Collaborate with other teams to make the experiences come to life
- Lead all aspects of workshops with our customers and employees to unearth their needs, our employee’s needs, and how we serve those needs
- Define measurement strategies and tactics, then measure the effectiveness of individual projects using techniques that include but are not limited to design thinking tools and methods including ethnography and in-field research and other voice of the customer data.
- Conduct research, data analysis, interviews, etc. to support and develop customer experience projects.
- Effectively convey your ideas through clear communication, whether in team discussions, presentations, documents to garner support for project.
- Adapt to new opportunities and challenges as the business evolves
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Requires mastery level knowledge (10+ years) of service design typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- 3+ years of work experience as a product manager at a design, agency or technology company.
- Well-versed with the principles of human-centered design process and design thinking framework
- Experience in building new experiences or reimagining experiences.
- Experience leading/facilitating design research, workshops, and other co-working sessions with non-designers.
- Has a strong portfolio highlighting service design, design research/strategy, conceptualization and visualization, synthesis/insights, storytelling, prototyping, success metrics, and project management
- Able to navigate a complex organization to get the answer you need through perseverance and personal initiative, drive and conviction
- Passionate advocate for the customer and a champion for change, willing to challenge the status quo and push a team and the company beyond its comfort zone through compelling data, constant communication, and aptitude for building bridges across functions in the face of resistance
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.