BNP Paribas Securities Services is a multi-asset servicing specialist with local expertise in 35 markets around the world and a global reach covering 90+ markets. This extensive network enables us to provide our institutional investor clients with the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
As of 30 September 2019, BNP Paribas Securities Services had USD 11.491 trillion in assets under custody, USD 2.759 trillion in assets under administration and 10,491 funds administered.
Market & Financing Services (MFS) provide a suite of treasury and financing services, including but not limited to cash management and foreign exchange, securities lending, cash financing and collateral management.
MFS - Financing Solutions is a specialist credit provider, focused on lending to all types of funds and bank clients of BNP Paribas Securities Services (BP2S) it offers financing solutions to BP2S clients primarily and BNPP Group clients more generally, it offers bespoke solutions at each stage of the investment cycle, from bridging to hedging to gearing and commits to highest conduct standards and applies its responsible lending charter when interacting with clients.
Purpose & Scope of the position:
This position sits within the Structuring team of Financing Solutions, which itself is part of the MFS front office.
The purpose of the Structuring team is to structure credit proposals, negotiate terms and pricings with clients, obtain credit approvals, finalize agreements, and follow-up on facility changes and renewals.
The Structuring team is in direct contact with clients, jointly with Sales and Relationship Managers, and works in close relation with internal Research, Legal, Risk and Client Services teams.
The Structuring team has also a responsibility for developing and promoting new credit products.
To handle day-to-day credit structuring tasks, in particular
• perform credit and collateral analysis
• structure, present and negotiate financing offers with clients
• validate credit terms with Risk, prepare credit applications and seek file approval at credit committee
• contribute to product development and promotion initiatives along the bank’s lending policies and practices and in respect of all applicable risk, control and conduct frameworks.
To contribute to the overall performance of the business
• participate in the business’ strategy, goal setting and governance set-up
• work towards achieving budgets
• implement company policies and monitor risks
Key Responsibilities of the role:
• Seek always to understand the needs, expectations and interests of clients in order to provide them with appropriate financing solution
• Analyse clients’ portfolios and profile
• Explain credit solutions to clients in fair, honest, transparent, and understandable manner
• Negotiate terms in order to find a mutually beneficial solution
• Work with Legal on drafting agreements in accordance with negotiated terms and risk constraints
• Coordinate with Client Development and other internal teams involved in the closing of a transaction
• Liaise with Risk to ensure all negotiated terms can be approved during credit committee
• Prepare and present the credit application
• Participate in development of financing solutions
• Participate in business development in all markets
• Participate in HFT (financing monitoring system) enhancements
• Report continuously any progress and issues on existing and new credit facilities to Head of desk
• Seek validation by the Head of desk for each renewal and new credit facilities, outlining exceptions, ahead of progressing to credit committee
• Act, behave appropriately and comply with the general ethical standards expected by BNP Paribas Group and relevant regulatory authorities
• Comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, Code of Conduct’s and Group’s internal compliance requirements including, especially, Financial Security and International Financial Sanctions, KYC Due Diligence, Client Interests Protection, Market Integrity and Professional Ethics
• Complete necessary compliance training to maintain appropriate business and compliance level of knowledge and understanding in order to be fully competent to undertake the role.
Skills and Experience required
• A track record and demonstrable experience in Banking/Financing, principally on the private capital market capital call financing, but also on asset back financing
• Excellent verbal and written and communication skills
• Competent with word, excel and PowerPoint
• Autonomy and self-motivation
• Ability to build relationships with all levels of seniority both internally and externally
• Excellent oral & written communication skills
• Strong Team ethic and collaborative approach
• Strong leadership skills
Competencies required for the role:
• Innovation and continuous improvement
• Analysis and critical thinking
• Results and quality orientation
• Solutions driven
• Persuasive negotiation and decision making
• Client focus
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.