Senior Credit Manager
DEPARTMENT: ELS CREDIT
CONTRACT TYPE: PERMANENT
BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions helps companies to expand their business capabilities by offering tailored leasing and finance solutions. Our expert teams partner with equipment vendors that are looking to grow their sales, and businesses that require outsourcing services for assets within a number of key markets. We’re a European leader in leasing, backed by the stability of the BNP Paribas group.
WHAT AM I ACCOUNTABLE FOR?
To underwrite prudently all new business applications according to Company policy.
MY KEY ACTIVITIES
- To underwrite transactions within delegated authorities and Credit Policies or to recommend to higher authorities as required within the any of the following market sectors – Materials Handling, Commercial vehicles, Construction, and farm in the UK and ROI. This also includes the underwriting and sanctioning of Annual Reviews of Introductory Sources and the analysing of more complex proposals in more depth.
- To underwrite proposals with Favorable, Unfavorable and Decline Risk opinions which fall outside DoAs of the Operations Sales units and to agreed service standards. To communicate the credit decision to all relevant Stakeholders.
- Produce analysis of Clients accounts and prepare credit submissions (CAF’s) with comprehensive detailed recommendations to higher underwriting authorities, if above my own mandates. A fully justified decision to be recorded on SIEL or ROI Workflow Tool with an analyse event.
- To obtain further information concerning an application from Sales as required.
- To respond to all telephone and email queries from colleagues and third parties on underwriting matters. Including the development of other colleagues and third parties.
- Participate in portfolio and risk analysis activity and help develop Credit Policies.
MY EXTERNAL CUSTOMERS
Third-Parties (e.g. Accountants)
MY INTERNAL CUSTOMERS
ELS Senior Credit Managers and Operations Credit Manager colleagues, Risk Managers, Sales Managers, Account Coordinators, ELS Vendor Operations, Collections and Recoveries
To have good underwriting experience and have worked within a financial lending environment for a number of years.
To have a good understanding of financial accounts for Limited and Non Limited entities.
Be able to demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills together with an ability to negotiate with all relevant stakeholders at all levels of business seniority.
Good Excel and Word skills with the ability to present applications to higher mandated authorities.
Working in a busy, open plan office.
Normal working hours are 8.45 to 17.15 Monday – Friday; however we may operate a shift system from 8.00 to 18.00 each day. Additional hours will be required on an ad-hoc basis.
Dress code is business formal Monday-Thursday, business casual on a Friday.
MY ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required by my Line Manager
- Responsible for adhering to policies, procedures, guidelines and the internal control framework established to guide the operation of their function in addition to regulatory compliance requirements.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT
On joining the company I will attend a Company Induction which will introduce me to the different areas of the business and what they do.
Have regular performance reviews with my line manager; this will include a mid-term and end of probationary review and regular one to one catch ups.
I will be expected to complete annual online Compliance training modules via My Development, our online training platform and will continue to receive on the job training throughout my career.
Primary Location: GB-ENG-HampshireJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: RISKSEducation Level: Not indicatedSchedule: Full-time Behavioural competency: Ability to share / pass on knowledgeTransversal competency: Ability to develop and adapt a process