At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference... Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
... Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
- Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
- A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
USD Clearing & Payments is a Front to Back Group team responsible for processing and controlling all the US Dollar payments (in and out) of the BNPP affiliates (branches and entities). The Operational Permanent Control (OPC) function is critical to ensure soundness of the control framework, which ultimately translates into the excellence in payments delivery for the clients of the Group.
As Senior Controller, your job will be to significantly contribute to the monitoring and maintenance of the permanent control framework of USD Clearing & Payments (including Generic Control Plans/Library, Central Control Library and Local Control Plan), reporting to the head of Clearing & Payments Oversight (CPO).
You will also significantly contribute to i) the maintenance of a strong governance to report and escalate OPC findings and observations and ii) reporting the status of the control plan to the governance of USD Clearing & Payments.
To be successful you will be collaborating with the different department of USD Clearing & Payments, as well as with the 2nd line of defense (Risk and Compliance).
In this role, you will see a direct link between your work, the team growth and impact, and keeping a robust and strong control framework.
You will be working with the other managers of USD Clearing & Payments and will get the opportunity to learn and increase your skills constantly.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Perform OPC controls over the USD Clearing & Payments team to ensure that key risks are adequately covered by effective and efficient controls.
- Follow-up on remediation actions subsequent to OPC control findings.
- Enrich the current controls and procedures, draft new control procedures or IT Business Requirement Document to enhance data availability for OPC controls.
- Contribute to the review of the processes of the department to assess the inherent risks, the control framework in place and the residual risks (Risk Controls Self-Assessment) and develop/adjust controls accordingly.
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of USD Clearing and Payments historical Incidents booking and Potential incidents periodic reviews.
- Review the evidences proposed by the USD Clearing & Payments teams to close audit or regulatory recommendations.
- Ensure the preparation of the documentation for key governance bodies (OPC Management Meeting, Sub-Internal Control Committee, USD Clearing Operating Committee and Executive Committee).
- Oversee the Group policies cascading process and the management of our procedures.
- Supervise the people aspect of the CPO team in collaboration with the head of CPO
- Lead the Conduct initiatives and oversee key items such as training completion, procedure renewal, employee attestations, etc
- Address audit requests and manage the relationship with internal audit, risk and Compliance
- Manage transformational projects as needed
- 10+ years' experience in an Audit or Control role
- Undergraduate degree with a preferred emphasis in math, finance or business related majors.
- Good knowledge of the financial / banking industry and of the bank's operations, in general,
- Good knowledge of Payments Operations (SWIFT, CHIPS, FED, Correspondent Banking…) is a plus
- Financial Security compliance experience or certification is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point) with advanced technical skills particularly working with spreadsheets and databases is a plus
- Strong problem solving and quantitative skills
- High ethical standards
- Very strong work ethic and ability to deal with confidential information.
- Flexibility to adapt to a new and changing environment
- Strong communication skills, rigorous and attention to detail
- Exposure to regulatory rules applicable to USD Clearing and Payments
- Good knowledge of banking risk management methodologies and lines of defense organization
- Ability to work well with others in a fast paced environment
- Creativity in developing new ideas and approaches
- Time and project management to meet rigorous deadlines on multiple concurrent tasks
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, SMEs and large companies. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a leading international banking player.
Did you know? In 2019, BNP Paribas named World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility 2019
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity:
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
We can assist with access to job offers for people with disabilities who may be unable to use our career site - please contact us by email canada_recrutement [at] ca.bnpparibas (dot) com or by phone on 514-285-6000
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **