Senior Compliance Testing & Monitoring Officer
BNP Paribas Overview
BNP Paribas has a presence in 72 countries with more than 200,000 employees, including 154,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Bank is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 57 countries, CIB can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is one of Europe’s leading providers of integrated real estate services, committed to delivering solutions for owners, investors and occupiers. Our capabilities span across Europe, America, Asia and the Middle East where our team of 3,100 specialists work in 129 offices and manage a worldwide portfolio of €10 billion of assets. We understand the importance of building personal relationships with our clients that are so vital to quality and service delivery.
With a growth ambition to continue expanding our capabilities across the globe, BNP Paribas Real Estate is an established industry leader throughout continental Europe, who understands the importance of building personal relationships with our clients that are so vital to quality and service delivery.
The Senior Compliance Control and Risk Management Officer role will form part of the UK BNP Paribas Real Estate (RE) Compliance Department and will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of BNPP RE.
The key objectives of the role are:
• Assist with the day-to-day management of the Testing & Monitoring Compliance Officer.
• Assist in the designing, implementation and execution of the Compliance Assurance Program framework.
• Assist in the designing, implementation and execution of the Branch review process across all RE UK locations including conducting risk reviews/tests of those locations and delivering face-to-face training to all Branch members of staff.
• Conduct Level 1 reviews/testing of all Customer and Transaction screening alerts.
• Lead in the implementation of applicable Compliance projects.
• Ensure the Compliance Control & Risk Management (CCRM) is effectively implemented and working to the required standard.
Roles and responsibilities
• Responsibility for the management and development of staff within the Compliance Control & Risk Management (CCRM) Operational Compliance team, ensuring quality of work is accurate and completed within the required timescales.
• Assist in producing a Compliance Assurance Control framework and methodology/process across all Business lines covering:
o The identification and documentation of all Compliance Risks.
o The design and implementation of all relevant Compliance Controls.
o The design, implementation and execution of a risk review/testing process including the collection and documentation of those tests and reporting of all findings.
o The design, implementation, monitoring and reporting of specific Business line mitigation plans.
• Conduct reviews/testing across all Business lines/locations to ensure that all relevant Compliance Controls, Policies and Procedures have been fully and effectively implemented.
• Support as required CIB Compliance in their execution of the centralised Generic Control Plans.
• Ensure the follow-up and timely execution of all Branch mitigation actions/plans from all risk reviews/tests, internal and external audit findings as well as any regulatory findings.
• Assist in the establishment and delivery of a Branch review process focusing on physical visits to all RE locations/branches. This process will include:
o A review/testing process of all Compliance Risks and Controls.
o The collection, documentation and reporting of findings and overseeing of mitigation plans.
o The tracking and monitoring of all findings and mitigation plans.
o The delivery of face-to-face training to all Branch staff on key Compliance topics.
• Assist in the collection, design and compilation of MI and associated presentation packs.
• Assist in the timely and accurate completion of all Group CCRM reports.
• Conduct Level 1 reviews/testing of all Customer and Transaction screening and monitoring alerts. Escalate all Level 1 true hits to the Financial Security Compliance team for Level 2 investigation.
• Lead/drive applicable Compliance projects, issued by Group or within RE UK. Ensuring these are delivered on time and to the required standard.
• Ensure yearly Risk Assessments are completed on time and to the required standards.
• Ensure GCP’s are completed on time and to the required standard.
• Manage the Testing and Monitoring Compliance Officer in relation to BAU activities, in particular, allocation of work and the subsequent review and validation of that work.
Skills & Experience Required:
• Strong experience of managing and developing junior members of staff.
• Strong knowledge and experience of designing, implementing and executing a Compliance Control and Risk Management framework.
• Proven track record of designing, implementing and executing complex and detailed Compliance tests and reviews.
• Proven track record on producing accurate and detailed reports.
• Proven record of designing and delivering face-to-face training.
• Experience in reviewing and processing customer and transaction screening and monitoring alerts.
• Proven track record of implementing complex projects effectively and on-time.
• Allocation of work and subsequent review and validation of that work.
• Strong general knowledge of Compliance issues, requirements and solutions.
• Strong knowledge of HMRC, RICS and FCA regulatory requirements.
• Good understanding of JMLSG regulations/guidance.
• Impeccable integrity.
• Very strong attention to detail.
• Absolute willingness and ability to travel on a very regular basis and for extended periods of time.
• Highly motivated, with the ability to work independently, but still remaining part of the wider team.
• A self-starter.
• Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
• Demonstrate proactivity, transparency and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
• Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure.
Please note that all applicants must disclose whether they possess the right to work in the U.K. as per the Immigration, Asylum, and Nationality Act of 2006.