In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Provide compliance advisory to Global Markets, focusing on structured products/solutions; the candidate may have to cover compliance related projects, risk and control assessments and validations in APAC; he/she will have an opportunity to cover other desks or activities. Being in a regional team based in HK, the candidate covers the APAC region in addition to HK market.
- Be responsible for all aspects of Structured Product/Solution
desks, which comprise of sales, strategic equities, and structuring. The coverage is regional.
- Handle NAC/TAC (new activity and transaction approval) related to structured
product activities, usually in a tight timeframe
compliance related projects, risk and control assessments and validations;
and handle potential compliance issues, incidents, and breaches in
conjunction with various internal parties, where necessary
regulatory enquiries, returns, questionnaires, surveys and investigations
- Promote compliance culture and awareness to the
on new rules, regulations and industry consultations
- Draft or update local/regional compliance
policies and procedures where needed
- Work closely with the business and country
compliance officers in the region to advise on cross border activities
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with ability to build good working relationships with different business, management and functions
- Ability to understand and interpret applicable regulations and industry best practices
- Strong desire to work as a team player in a collaborative team.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills
- Able to work under pressure
Specific Qualifications Required
- 6 years of advisory compliance experience
- Previous experience with international banks or financial institutions is an advantage
Primary Location: HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong KongJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: COMPLIANCEEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 7 years
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / Teamwork, Critical thinking, Communication skills - oral & written, Attention to detail / rigorTransversal competency: Ability to understand, explain and support change, Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…, Ability to develop and adapt a process , Analytical Ability