Senior Compliance Officer, BP2S Financial Security
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Support the compliance function, with the focus on Financial Security APAC, in relation to the BNP Paribas Group compliance control framework and local regulatory obligations
• Design and update Financial Security procedures and ensure that they are in compliance with the current relevant regulatory requirements and the BNP Paribas group guidelines.
• Conduct a robust program of monitoring, give advice to relevant parties on Financial Security matters Review each customer due diligence file and provide a compliance opinion on the file.
• Exercise veto rights to challenge the risk rating if required and impose relevant conditions on acceptance or continuation of a business relationship where necessary
• Participate in the Client Acceptance Committee and/or Business Acceptance Committee and give his/her opinion.
• Analyse and investigate suspicious activity reports submitted by the business
• Be involved in discussions and decisions around the filing of STRs, and to document and retain such discussions and decision-making process
• Update employees promptly about regulatory changes and BNP Paribas Group changes
• Define and deliver appropriate Financial Security training
• Prepare and review any periodic reporting regarding Financial Security
• Perform a second level of control in accordance with the defined control plan on Financial Security
• Monitor and analyse alerts raised by BNP Paribas Group’s Financial Security monitoring systems and escalate alerts for further action where necessary
• Handle questions from external and internal auditors
• Any other matters assigned by the Head of Compliance, Securities Services
• Liaise with territory compliance and group KYC domain on review and validation of local regulatory requirements.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
• At least 7 years of working experience with minimally 5 years in relevant compliance experience. Experience in AML and KYC matters will be favourably considered
• Experience is the custodian banking industry will be favourably considered
• Knowledge of MAS Regulations, especially MAS Notice 626 and relevant guidelines
• Good interpersonal skills, a flexible, collaborative and team-oriented approach to problem solving
• Ability to write concisely and clearly
• Have attention to detail
• Hands-on in working style and able to work independently
• Competent in Microsoft Office applications