Pac Rim Senior Commercial Banking Manager - Commercial Banking Unit, Bi-Lingual Mandarin/Cantonese
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Exciting opportunity looking for a Commercial Banking Manager who will lead a strong performing sales team. This individual will be responsible for planning, directing and managing the commercial banking activities of the Pacific Rim Commercial Banking Unit. Also responsible for attaining established goals for; business development, customer retention, credit quality, customer service quality and the ability to develop, inspire and motivate the team. Position will be located in Los Angeles County or Orange County, CA. Bi-lingual Mandarin/Cantonese speaking preferred. This position may offer relocation assistance if needed.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops and recommends annual business plan goals and objectives for loan, deposit and fee income growth as part of the overall CBC business plan.
- Helps establish, communicate and achieve the bank’s service goals and standards, ensuring these are fully communicated to and understood by all staff.
- Implements an effective business development program consistent with established CBC goals to develop significant deposit and loan business and increase fee income Includes an active program of outside calling on customers and prospects.
- Ensures office compliance with bank audit, security and credit review standards, policies and procedures.
- Supports unit’s growth and profitability through effective development of new business. Allocates 75% of time to effective calling activities on existing and potential customers and identifying business needs and corresponding sales opportunities bankwide.
- Works closely with Cash Management, Treasury, Capital Markets, Wealth Management, Equipment Leasing, Trade Finance, and other major areas of the bank to promote the sale and implementation of complex financial products and services.
- Manages a portfolio of the largest office relationships while providing support and advice to the relationship managers in the management of the remainder of the office portfolio.
- Analyzes pertinent financial and industry information in order to recommend or decline all customer/prospect credit requests. Oversees sales and service activities of other officers to ensure that current and potential customers receive the best sales service possible. Oversees other work, including preparation of CRR’s, by training, allocating and monitoring work.
- Negotiates terms and conditions of loans with applicants.
- Identifies, classifies and monitors problems or potential problem loans in compliance with the internal credit review policy.
- Interacts with division and loan administration, servicing, operations, accounting, OREO, appraisal, legal and other related bank personnel working with assets regarding issues of quality, pricing, new business, and related trends.
- Assumes responsibilities for carrying out operations in accordance with federal and state laws and regulations, securing professional counsel when necessary.
- Manages employees including establishing performance goals. Recommends individual merit, incentive and/or promotional increases.
- Conducts regular staff meetings with subordinates to communicate information, discuss problems, train staff on any procedure changes, and provide forum for staff to discuss pertinent issues.
- Participates in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank within the designated marketplace. Ensures compliance with CRA outreach program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad management knowledge to lead project teams in one department.
- Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Requires 10-12 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree management or business-related subject
Licenses & Certifications
- Formal credit training from a major commercial bank.
- Complete knowledge of commercial lending, sales, and financial service needs middle market and large corporate companies.
- Analytical and research.
- Bank product and service knowledge.
- Coordinate events and meetings.
- Demonstrated management skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Planning and organizing.
- Use personal computer.
- Written and verbal computer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.